Ayr Utd vs Partick Thistle

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luckily for Partick Mark Kerr appears to be suspended for this one so they’ve got a chance of winning this one. McCall will probably play Adams in midfield but he was so dominant against Doolan yesterday I’d rather he left him where he is and put Bell next to Murdoch.

Luckily for Partick Mark Kerr appears to be suspended for this one so they’ve got a chance of winning this one. McCall will probably play Adams in midfield but he was so dominant against Doolan yesterday I’d rather he left him where he is and put Bell next to Murdoch.

Would make more sense to have Bell in midfield, he is better on the ball than Jamie and still breaks things up well.

Or Crawford in the middle, Forrest on the left and McDaid on the right. Thought McDaid might start yesterday as he's only started the one game so far I think. Archibald saying that's the first time a lot of his players have been up against Ayr players, changing it up a bit might not be a bad idea.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Or Crawford in the middle, Forrest on the left and McDaid on the right. Thought McDaid might start yesterday as he's only started the one game so far I think. Archibald saying that's the first time a lot of his players have been up against Ayr players, changing it up a bit might not be a bad idea.

That’s what I’d go for. Crawford is a classy player so would do a decent job of filling in for Kerr IMO.

If it's only Kerr that's suspended and not Harvie too (development ban) i'd expect Crawford in CM with Murdoch ,and McDaid wide, rest unchanged.  Cannot wait for this. Getting the train up from Stranraer at 11 so it's almost like an away day at home!

Thought Crawford looked strong as he bullied a defender for our first goal on Saturday. Would add some decent dig in the middle as well.

Looking forwards to this one, first game of the season and should be able to get to alot more this season now I've got a non weekend job.

Saturday really was something special. I couldn’t stop smiling for like 15 mins after Shankland’s goal. Just sat shaking my head with a silly smirk. What a feeling.

Thought the 19 for Thistle looked very dangerous down the wing and no doubt Ferguson is our weak link so I’d pay extra attention to him on Saturday.

As good as last Saturday was, the danger of playing a team twice in a week is that the element of surprise to them as an opponent is gone. Plus I feel that a league match is a completely different animal to a cup match. I expect this to be a hell of a lot tougher than last Saturday, especially without Kerr.

Thistle know we can hurt them, from all over the pitch and might decide on a 'don't lose' tactic. Doubt it, but just maybe.

To lose to us twice in a week will be a bit of a sore one.

More likely that both teams will just go for it again, end to end stuff, all about who has the bigger balls on Saturday.

We might just need another piece of magic from someone to edge it.

West of the Moon was glorious with a huge beer garden, free chips and a big f**k off bouncy castle the last time the fixture Gods sent us for a sunny opening day in Ayr. 

News has reached us of it's demise. Any other recommendations for beer gardens? Bouncy castles welcome but not essential.

I think McCall has our number but it'll be a great day out regardless.

1 minute ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

West of the Moon was glorious with a huge beer garden, free chips and a big f**k off bouncy castle the last time the fixture Gods sent us for a sunny opening day in Ayr. 

News has reached us of it's demise. Any other recommendations for beer gardens? Bouncy castles welcome but not essential.

I think McCall has our number but it'll be a great day out regardless.

West of the Moon re-opened as Arthur Street Kitchen, complete with a renovated beer garden. Fill your boots.

8 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

Remember your gas masks on the way down to South Ayrshire 

They should be able to take them off just after Kilmarnock, as the toxic smell begins to die off.

You can go and chew some logo now.

7 hours ago, Calayrdonia said:

Saturday really was something special. I couldn’t stop smiling for like 15 mins after Shankland’s goal. Just sat shaking my head with a silly smirk. What a feeling.

Thought the 19 for Thistle looked very dangerous down the wing and no doubt Ferguson is our weak link so I’d pay extra attention to him on Saturday.

As good as last Saturday was, the danger of playing a team twice in a week is that the element of surprise to them as an opponent is gone. Plus I feel that a league match is a completely different animal to a cup match. I expect this to be a hell of a lot tougher than last Saturday, especially without Kerr.

Would be Storey and I wouldn't worry. He's quick, but on the wing he's relatively harmless. In fact, down the middle I'm not sure he'd do much damage either. 

I'm looking forward to an away day piss up more than the actual game. 

Missing this because I'll be at Belladrum but any disappointment I had about missing it has waned since Saturday. 

Unless Archie signs a RB in the next few days (doubtful), I can unfortunately see him going with Spittal at RWB (as he did a few times last season) and Melbourne on the other side, with Penrice going into the left of a back three (or benched) since he apparently isn't fit enough to play as a wing-back.

Archived