Ayr Utd vs Partick Thistle

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was my watch off or did the game kick off 5 minutes early today?

Aye it did. Same at St Mirren as well after their flag raising. Didn’t think that was allowed as there would still be folk coming through the turnstiles.

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He was poor today. Not good enough defensively and played the same diagonal ball all game which was eventually picked up every time by Geggan.

Geggan won the same header from a diagonal ball about a dozen times in the second half. Incredible that they kept trying it

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Was my watch off or did the game kick off 5 minutes early today?

Aye - when the opener was annoucned as after 9 mins but only 15.04 on my phone I thought it was just me until I heard others at HT.

That's a bit shite tbf. I was in but would have been fuming if i'd done my usual and got in about 14.59.59 and missed 5 mins. 

48 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

No archiebald? Sore loser??

Didn't realise it was obligatory to speak to the opposition team's tv channel... 

Alan Archibald fulfilled all his post-match commitments - including all written press and BBC Scotland, in his usual accommodating and timely fashion.

Didn't realise it was obligatory to speak to the opposition team's tv channel... 
Alan Archibald fulfilled all his post-match commitments - including all written press and BBC Scotland, in his usual accommodating and timely fashion.

It’s not but he’s now in the same category as Gus MacPherson, Neil Lennon, Gary Bollan and Barry Smith as managers who have been too seething to talk to AU Media.

I’m sure Archibald is a decent enough guy but this just makes him look like a sore loser.

The only people that don’t speak to au media are gus McPherson and Neil Lennon after they have been beaten by who they think are a lesser Ayr team! Doesn’t bother me too much I just like hearing what they thought of the game from someone other than the biased broadcasting corporation

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s not but he’s now in the same category as Gus MacPherson, Neil Lennon, Gary Bollan and Barry Smith as managers who have been too seething to talk to AU Media.

I’m sure Archibald is a decent enough guy but this just makes him look like a sore loser.

^100% this...

UnUJm.jpg

9 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

I'm with Archibald on this one - it isn't obligatory to speak to the opposition. In League1/2 it is pretty poor form not to speak to the opposition TV because there is often no-one else there and refusing can come across as having a petted lip. Hopefully there continues to be more press at our games and opposition managers don't get time to speak!

We really continued on from last season today. Our squad is so weak. We don't have anybody who  can do anything creative. When your starting 11 are that shite and you can offer nothing from the bench well frankly that is a terrible position to be in at the start of the season. At this point I'm not sure if Ayr are actually good relative to other teams or we're just relgeatiom level rotten but I think they'll be in the play offs fairly comfortably. Archie will limp on until his position become untenable, that threshold remains unclear, <3 points in August and surely his time has come.

Thoroughly enjoyable day regardless.

Ps Your away end behind the goal smells like my close.

I'm with Archibald on this one - it isn't obligatory to speak to the opposition. In League1/2 it is pretty poor form not to speak to the opposition TV because there is often no-one else there and refusing can come across as having a petted lip. Hopefully there continues to be more press at our games and opposition managers don't get time to speak!
He did it last week at the league cup game so it comes off a bit petty, was better to hear from Murdoch anyways

AU Media says that Archibald 'respectfully declined' so I'm sure there are no petted lips on his part. He comes across as a decent guy so this is nothing like the Neil Lennon situation. In any case, who really cares if the opposition manager speaks to AU media? I'm more interested in what McCall says.

As for the result, absolutely delighted! Here's hoping the momentum continues and we keep progressing. Hesitant to say it, but there's almost good times at Somerset Park right now :thumsup2

Hmm... that penalty foul looks just outside the box

Looking back at that thistle should have had a pen for handball.

Yes and yes. Got a wee bit of luck with both calls.

Also noticed Adams kicking Storey in the back when he’s on the ground before Crawford shoving him out the road. Good to see he’s up to his old tricks.

Happy to see Shankland continue to bang them in, heard ‘aye but it’s only at L1 level’ so much last season when he was on fire but L1 isn’t a walk in the park. He’s a good player. Ayr will do well to keep him.
Goals are the same size in every (adult) league.

Yes and yes. Got a wee bit of luck with both calls.

Also noticed Adams kicking Storey in the back when he’s on the ground before Crawford shoving him out the road. Good to see he’s up to his old tricks.

Storey deserved it. He should have been off for pushing geggan when Adams fouled him . Ref bottled it.

Archived