Ayr Utd vs Partick Thistle

Always been an Archie man, but enough is enough. Things have been stale now for 18 months and we are in a slump that could take us down another division.  The bench today was a total embarrassment. The guy that led Livi into the top league is free and available. Get him in and give him the money left in the transfer kitty to try and get this team going in the right direction.  The Archie era is surely over!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moff was motm for me, so much work off the ball let alone on it. Its amazing to think how much he's changed as a player since signing for us (1st time round). 
Matured as a player and looks a really intelligent player, fantastic example to the young lads in the side. Don't think he stopped running all game. 

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

How storey stayed on the pitch is beyond me! Retaliation is a straight red card

Overall the game was great from my perspective, wonder if that’s the level all of the opposition or if Partick are just poor

Partick looked poor, there are far better sides in this league. 
They'll be a better side next time we face them I reckon but that doesn't take away from a very good team performance from us today. Probably could have had a couple more today if our finishing had been a little better. 

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Players are not playing for the manager. Any team showing an ounce of heart and desire will beat us, ala Livingston and now Ayr. Archie has to go...

Ayr are complete opposite to us. Work as a team.. Everyone in the team knows there role and what’s expected of them.

They have a very good player in Shankland and although I don’t think he will be at Ayr after the transfer window he’s just another gem that Ian Mcall has found.

This sounds ridiculous but I think Ayr will be pushing for promotion this season and thankfully for us we will have to play worse teams in the league. Which is the only positive thing I can say for us. 

Archie Archie GTF

Ayr are complete opposite to us. Work as a team.. Everyone in the team knows there role and what’s expected of them.
They have a very good player in Shankland and although I don’t think he will be at Ayr after the transfer window he’s just another gem that Ian Mcall has found.
This sounds ridiculous but I think Ayr will be pushing for promotion this season and thankfully for us we will have to play worse teams in the league. Which is the only positive thing I can say for us. 
Archie Archie GTF

I don’t think anyone who would want shankland could afford him tbh! I really think they would need to pay close to half a million for him for us to sell at this point!

Think we were maybe a bit fortunate with the handball shout in the second half. Other than that a joy of a performance. Jamie Adams looks like the new Franco Baresi back there; great play from everyone in the team at times. Particularly enjoyed the way we were able to hold the ball and support the man in possession. Good times.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I don’t think anyone who would want shankland could afford him tbh! I really think they would need to pay close to half a million for him for us to sell at this point!

Teams down south will be watching him.. Who could easily afford 200k. And it would hardly be  that big of a risk to them to be fair. The fact that Ayr will probably stick out for at least 200k or the possibly want more is quite admirable also as we sold one of the best young CBs in Scotland last season for 350k.

Think we were maybe a bit fortunate with the handball shout in the second half. Other than that a joy of a performance. Jamie Adams looks like the new Franco Baresi back there; great play from everyone in the team at times. Particularly enjoyed the way we were able to hold the ball and support the man in possession. Good times.
Rose handball? I was at the other end of the ground and it looked a stonewaller. There was an audible ooft then a wew by all around when it got waved off

On 8/3/2018 at 11:32, davidkennedyshand said:

I remember a guy losing the rag, stamping his foot in a temper and putting himself out for the season.
Mark McWalter ?

It was. He injured himself while complaining about an offside decision.

Props to Cammy Bell for trying to put Shankland off his penalty by grabbing the ball off the penalty spot after he’d laid it down. No shame in Shankland putting two goals by you.

Partick are in real bother unless they can add 4-5 players to that team. Absolutely nothing up front whatsoever and very little to offer in the middle of the park.

Brilliant today from the Super! It was pleasing to see Doc come on for the last ten but I have to say I thought Murdoch was absolutely tremendous in the middle of the park. 

This time two years ago we got scudded off an ultimately terrible Raith Rovers side and looked miles off it. Today you would have thought that Thistle were the team coming up from League 1.  

Shankland should not be sold for anything less than £250,000.

Archived