Ayr Utd vs Partick Thistle

36 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, no doubt we'll come crashing back to earth with a great bump...........

Won't we all? ^_^

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's good to see Ayr back and the fans feeling confident. A good team that can be a great addition to the league.
You'll all be wanting McCall sacked by Christmas as per usual but at least you're starting from a high. Reminds me when you thought you were going to win the L1 title ahead of the Pars but ended up 18 points adrift.

Sounds a bit like the last time Thistle and Dunfermline shared a league when you finish 44 points behind us.

1 hour ago, Reid said:

Sounds a bit like the last time Thistle and Dunfermline shared a league when you finish 44 points behind us.

Remind me, was that the year they chucked away a two goal lead---and guaranteed safety---in the last five minutes against a Thistle team that were already on the beach and then contrived to follow it up by losing to an Airdrie team that won a massive five League games that entire season in order to get themselves into the relegation playoffs?  My memory isn't great these days....

We're marginally the bookies favourites for this, not quite the 4/1 value on Ayr as there was on Saturday, bookies obviously learning quickly.

As someone said on a previous page, unless we sign a right back in the next 72 hours, this could end up a back 3 with Spittal at RWB, which is really a position we should never have to be in.

Disappointed in missing out on the pre-match beers and one of Scottish football best days out, not so much about the game.

2 hours ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Remind me, was that the year they chucked away a two goal lead---and guaranteed safety---in the last five minutes against a Thistle team that were already on the beach and then contrived to follow it up by losing to an Airdrie team that won a massive five League games that entire season in order to get themselves into the relegation playoffs?  My memory isn't great these days....

That was a splendid day. 

Ayr seem a club on the up. if you get Liam from Hearts you are getting a class player. Would love St Mirren to put a bid in for him, .any of us would scored wonderful goals also. It's a about time Ayr were woken up. A top league with Ayr , Thistle, Morton would be very healthy for each other. Dream on I will. 

Loving the profile picture. Criminal that Beatz and KK never got to play together for the Super. 

After watching Kyles interview yesterday I made me think of all the carthorses we’ve had for strikers.

The league wouldn’t have coped with those two playing up front together.

More than anything I'm looking forward to seeing the away end open and actually full of fans. There will still be days when that isn't the case (Ross County, Inverness and Alloa probably) but it's so much easier to create an atmosphere when there's a bunch of bawbags the other side of the fence :thumsup2

58 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

More than anything I'm looking forward to seeing the away end open and actually full of fans. There will still be days when that isn't the case (Ross County, Inverness and Alloa probably) but it's so much easier to create an atmosphere when there's a bunch of bawbags the other side of the fence :thumsup2

Totally agree. For that reason alone i was delighted to see Livi win the playoff - Thistle a much better away day and will bring a far better crowd down to our bit. 

6 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I was hoping St Mirren would get you here in the cup. Maybe next round.....

Archived