Ayr Utd vs Partick Thistle

First league game of the season and it should be a cracker if it’s anything like todays game. Don’t know if today will have any bearing on next week. McCall is adamant it won’t but know both teams know how the opposition will play. Our team should probably remain unchanged unless Geggan is fit in which case I’d put him back in for Ferguson.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First league game of the season and it should be a cracker if it’s anything like todays game. Don’t know if today will have any bearing on next week. McCall is adamant it won’t but know both teams know how the opposition will play. Our team should probably remain unchanged unless Geggan is fit in which case I’d put him back in for Ferguson.

Sure someone posted on our thread that Kerr is suspended, which is a bit shite but imagine Bell will come in for him.

With Rose also going off injured today we’re struggling at centre half already if he doesn’t make it!

Cant wait .should be good game hope its a big crowd  .thistle will bring a big noisy support down .absolute joy watching ayr this last year mccall has worked wonders .700 fans cheering the team off the pitch today was a great feeling and im sure the players we're loving it too . Shankland is different class .big adams just seems to get better cleared his lines all day never put a foot wrong .also great having a strong bench for once .

Sure someone posted on our thread that Kerr is suspended, which is a bit shite but imagine Bell will come in for him.

With Rose also going off injured today we’re struggling at centre half already if he doesn’t make it!

Aye it was me and I’d forgotten already. Rose will be fine I’d imagine. Precautionary stuff today.

After travelling to todays game and watching the magnificence of Shankland, I think a game on home turf should/would/could give us more goals. Partick just didn't work the way Ayr did today. I hope Rose is back in time and that everything is fine with him. I'm going to say 3-1 Ayr. Though not as big as the league, Today just proved Ayr can take on the championship if Ayr stay injury free. 

Hoping there will be 4000 packed into Somerset and the place will be bouncing.

Partick bring about 1500?

Would say it will be 1000-1250.

Pretty sure Elliott’s suspended for this so there’s a good chance we’ll be going into the first game of the season with no one who can play right-back. After today I can’t see us getting anything from this at all.

Overall good performance and you can see this early that the players all work support and trust each other.

Doohans distribution from the back either by hand or kicking is excellent counted 10 bye kicks today put in the same area 3/4 way up the park every time and pressurising the thistle back four. If Shankland keeps this up we'll never keep him after January or as someone said to me today the windows not closed until end august first scary thought.

Ive not been over complimentary about Forrest but thought he was excellent today Mcall definitely managing him and the other young ones very well.

Finally can't believe thy took the boy Slater ( 17) off today by far there best player made Murdoch work hard today who played well but mouth watering to have him and Murdoch in the Ayr jersey here's hoping he's an Ayrshire lad.

It's just complete stupidity IMO that suspensions carry over into the start of the new season from offences in the previous season.

Agree they should for red cards but not yellows, that's just SFA incompetence at its finest.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

It's just complete stupidity IMO that suspensions carry over into the start of the new season from offences in the previous season.

Agree they should for red cards but not yellows, that's just SFA incompetence at its finest.

That’s the rules but it does seem unfair. We’re missing two players on opening day suspended from yellow cards picked up in the play-offs.

That’s the rules but it does seem unfair. We’re missing two players on opening day suspended from yellow cards picked up in the play-offs.

Bad enough to be suspended from yellow cards picked up in league games, never mind due to you having a successful season and it being extended by play offs.

Archived