Stranraer FC v Raith Rovers FC

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, McGuigan1978 said:

What are you basing this on? They lost as many home games as they won last season.

The way things seem to be "shaping up" , particularly with so few players/ options we might be heading for the same type of stats!!

Just now, Scary Bear said:

...but, did you enjoy yourself?

I actually did. Football was shite though. Gillespie who's been great all pre season/league cup was awful. Milne did hee haw when he came on. Nisbet was a sack of tatties. We created literally less than f**k all over 90 mins.

That was really, really bad today, but when your midfield quartet consists of three defensive midfielders and a full back, I don’t expect too many chances to be created, although I did think we’d manage more than the zero we came up with. If Hamill hasn’t fallen on his pus then we’d never have scored.

We desperately need a right back as a matter of priority, plus another wide player. There’s no chance that team gets promoted.

13 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

What are you basing this on? They lost as many home games as they won last season.

Considering all the doom and gloom this week a defeat would have been worse a draw is not the end of the world. Obviously a win would have been better our record there last year was mixed .

Considering all the doom and gloom this week a defeat would have been worse a draw is not the end of the world. Obviously a win would have been better our record there last year was mixed .

There was absolutely nothing in today’s performance to suggest we’re on an upward curve.

I saw a Stena ferry turning quicker on the way down than Wedderburn did all game. He's a lumbering ox. Nisbet - the invisible man. Buchanan usual heidless hen. Both goals were tragic defending. But I honestly thought we'd be worse. I mean, don't get me wrong, we're bad, but not as bad as I feared.

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

There was absolutely nothing in today’s performance to suggest we’re on an upward curve.

Correct. If Milne, Flanagan and Nisbet are the players who are going to provide our attacking play, we're fucked.

Ill tell you what was more embarrassing than a draw away to Stranraer; a pathetic away support who are more interested in complaining about everything than actually getting behind the team.

120 travelling fans is a poor show from a team like ourselves. Well done to the other 119 who made the trip down. We at least support the team rather than finding faults. It works both ways. The players are bound to respond to positive support. Barry Smiths here and there's f**k all we can do about it so why don't we just get behind the team and support them. Guys were giving our own players abuse today... on the first game of the season. Toxic environment.

Ill tell you what was more embarrassing than a draw away to Stranraer; a pathetic away support who are more interested in complaining about everything than actually getting behind the team.

120 travelling fans is a poor show from a team like ourselves. Well done to the other 119 who made the trip down. We at least support the team rather than finding faults. It works both ways. The players are bound to respond to positive support. Barry Smiths here and there's f**k all we can do about it so why don't we just get behind the team and support them. Guys were giving our own players abuse today... on the first game of the season. Toxic environment.

Surprised you could hear it from the directors box at the Dundee game, Eric.

I actually did. Football was shite though. Gillespie who's been great all pre season/league cup was awful. Milne did hee haw when he came on. Nisbet was a sack of tatties. We created literally less than f**k all over 90 mins.

I suspect the football will be shite as long as Smith’s in cherge.

Still, I’ll be there next week.

A 14 year old getting to Stranraer on his own. Kudos.

It’s a curious situation. I can’t fathom out why there weren’t busloads heading to Stranraer to see us play shite football and draw with Stranraer.

10 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Shut the f**k up

Hammering the supporters who actually bother going. Nae change there then.

Archived