Stranraer FC v Raith Rovers FC

Assuming Thompson is fit, and Duggan isn't.
What I'd like to see us play (and you could swap Wedderburn for Matthews):
image.png.a445d1c8a872041e4b40388ee51b91d3.png
Formation designed to get the most out of Milne, who even Smith says is best playing off of the front, and while it relies on two young full backs hopefully the spare centre back and midfielder can help them out.
What we will play:

image.png.714823929bb2ed637ecb77fb6325dfed.png
Three centre backs in a back 4, no wingers at all in a midfield devoid of creativity.
Even with Vaughan etc fit again 352 looks like the best use of the players we have. Let's Smith be overly defensive if he wants but plays our attacking players in their most effective positions. It seems its becoming a much more used formation again aswell.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am enjoying the 'no, you will win' attitude from both sets of fans. It's funny, if you asked Stranraer fans a fortnight ago, I imagine they were delighted with a win over Motherwell. That's been followed up by defeats to Clyde and Edinburgh City. At the same time, Raith fans were probably slightly more positive when they did well against Hearts but now pessimistic after playing Cove. I think Raith go into the game as favourites, though.

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Rovers fans being all negative ahead of a game against a part-time side that got horsed by Clyde and Edinburgh City in recent weeks.

This is sad to see.

Facts of course. But we lost to Cove..

Edit and Cowdenbeath..

35 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Rovers fans being all negative ahead of a game against a part-time side that got horsed by Clyde and Edinburgh City in recent weeks.

This is sad to see.

Part negativity comes from not having won in 7 competitive games

Am struggling to remember a start to a season where I've been so apathetic ; maybe the season we started under John McVeigh where I expected a full-on relegation battle and was pleasantly surprised in the end. By now the previous season's disappointment has usually worn off  and I'm right up for it again. Season ticket's renewed and all that but I just can't get worked up about it. Starting off all the way at Stranraer doesn't help. I hope they prove me wrong once the injuries clear up. Will be happy with a draw today.

Archived