Scores today

classof2010

Great result today TT and really like the look of the boy Donovan. Thought he was excellent today and rightly man of the match. Well done George and the boys!

Up the Victoria!!

Boys played well, won at a canter in the end. Same again on Monday will do me. Wee Thomo had a great debut, and will only get better once he settles in [emoji837][emoji835]️

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clydebank 2 ( Shelvey 59 mins and Sean Higgins 79 mins ) Vale of Clyde 0

Fairly routine victory in the end for The Bankies but they could have scored a few more but for some erratic finishing and excellent goalkeeping from the visitors keeper.

Strong performances from several players notably new signings Sean Higgins and Del Hepburn.

2 hours ago, Gartcairn Army said:

Cumbernauld 2 v 3 Gartcairn 

great start for the Cairn against a good Cumbernauld team. 1 down early on but recovered superbly to go in 3 v 1 up. Second half nauld threw everything at us and got 1 back but we did look dangerous on the break. Managed to see the game out and get a great start to our season.

All the very best to the Cumbernauld guys and thanks for great hospitality and a big thumbs up on the pitch as well.

I took this game in today, have to say I thought Cumbernauld would’ve ran over the top of you. Especially when Cumbernauld scored early on. Keeper made a few good saves at 1-0 to keep you in the tie but then when Gartcairn found their feet I was really impressed the two lads up front are real quality. The link up play between them really good. The boy number eight for gartcairn in a real player.  Bennet I think his name was. I feel Gartcairn deserved the win and defended well second half sat in made it hard for Cumbernauld Gartcairn keeper dealt with anything he needed to.  Think Gartcairn will do well this year. Also noted for Cumbernauld few players weren’t playing the likes of Lennon who’s real quality any reason for this? But today’s game was certainly worth the entrance fee  

I took this game in today, have to say I thought Cumbernauld would’ve ran over the top of you. Especially when Cumbernauld scored early on. Keeper made a few good saves at 1-0 to keep you in the tie but then when Gartcairn found their feet I was really impressed the two lads up front are real quality. The link up play between them really good. The boy number eight for gartcairn in a real player.  Bennet I think his name was. I feel Gartcairn deserved the win and defended well second half sat in made it hard for Cumbernauld Gartcairn keeper dealt with anything he needed to.  Think Gartcairn will do well this year. Also noted for Cumbernauld few players weren’t playing the likes of Lennon who’s real quality any reason for this? But today’s game was certainly worth the entrance fee  

Ryan Bennett is a cracking player if you can keep him on the straight and narrow and turning up for training. He has all the ability in the world to be a top player.

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

Rutherglen Glencairn 9 Larkhall Thistle 0
(Scorers - Jordan Leyden 3 (1 penalty), Gary Smith 4, Ryan McArdle 2.)

Pictures and a full match report (from the Glencairn website) are here.

Clydebank 2 ( Shelvey 59 mins and Sean Higgins 79 mins ) Vale of Clyde 0

Fairly routine victory in the end for The Bankies but they could have scored a few more but for some erratic finishing and excellent goalkeeping from the visitors keeper.

Strong performances from several players notably new signings Sean Higgins and Del Hepburn.

Del Hepburn can be worth the £6 entrance fee on his own some days

Delight to watch & unplayable at VoC & win matches on his own

Other days you forget he's playing

25 minutes ago, it'sJustMeDude said:

Del Hepburn can be worth the £6 entrance fee on his own some days

Delight to watch & unplayable at VoC & win matches on his own

Other days you forget he's playing

Totally agree- great ability when focussed -we found that he was a player who wasn’t suited to starting games but could be a real impact sub.

Craigmark 1-9 Troon,

great at start to the sections for us, all the best to Craigmark for the season, quite phenomenal achievement to get promoted last season, be even bigger accomplishment to stay up this year. Best of luck to all. 

Archived