Holm Park

Sensible forward planning.

I get that it is inconvenient and I get that some folk still don't believe the redevelopment will go ahead, but from everything I have seen and heard it should be starting later this year and it will require a move away while it is ongoing. I'm much happier that we have sorted a ground for the season now, rather than run the risk of nothing being available when it is needed later.

The fact that Maryhill has a smashing wee Social Club is a huge bonus...

17 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

I believe I’m correct in saying that Yoker & the Bankies will be joint/equal tenants in the redeveloped ground?
I googled the plans yesterday but couldn’t see any sign of the actual proposed finished site.

First part, the answer is pretty much yes. Can't remember the exact details but from memory it will essentially be run by a trust, of which the board will be made up of reps from Yoker, the council and ourselves.

The second part I have seen a few things but cannot find them now. I'm sure someone else will have copies. Think I lost them the last time I wiped the Whatsapp group I received it in.

West Dunbartonshire Council own the ground and pretty much everything within it. Yoker Athletic own the carpark. From what I've heard the redevelopment of Holm Park is NOT a priority for the council and work may not start until as late as 2nd quarter of 2019.

So if this is known what reason would Clydebank have for jumping ship?  Do you think they might have ambitions elsewhere? 
From what I know there is a fair wee bit of remedial and groundwork still to be done on the outside wall too as it is allegedly unsafe and in danger of collapsing,so that may have set the original resurfacing project back somewhat as that is deemed a public safety issue. I'd think Clydebank still see the EoS as the go to unless a solid West Region alternative is in place for next season.

Also known as the end of this season you big drama queen.
Well if the work wasn't started until beginning of April there could possibly be a fair wee chunk of the season to play if past seasons are anything to go by. No?

Well if the work wasn't started until beginning of April there could possibly be a fair wee chunk of the season to play if past seasons are anything to go by. No?

A permanent home in the town with good public transport links is all that really matters surely, a few months here or there is irrelevant.

On 28/07/2018 at 22:11, F_T_Y said:
4 hours ago, EazyTheGall said:
4 hours ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

A permanent home in the town with good public transport links is all that really matters surely, a few months here or there is irrelevant.

And a social club of sorts!! Priorities

Are Yoker selling the car park to assist with funding or will they retain that and lease it to Clydebank for use on their match days?I know also there seemed to be issues with licensing and a bar at Clydebank games-will this now be sorted as part of the new project?

Archived