Celebrities/famous folk you've met, good guys or wanks?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The view made it pretty big when they where young. Bound to go to your head a bit. I’ve met them all and they all seem sound. Kyle used to get a lot of attention in Dundee and must’ve done his nut in. Sure he moved to London for a bit as well. Have some tap tunes as well

I met Brian Irvine when I was a teenager, he is quite religious and was doing a presentation at a nearby town hall and I went along with my mum just to see what he had to say. He was probably the most boring person I have ever heard talking at any length ever, I wish I hadn’t bothered going.
When he was manager of Elgin, he came to give a presentation and hand out awards at my school after sports day or something like that, and you're definitely right. Sleeveless jumper-wearing w**k.

Guest Moomintroll

They were wanks.
Havent spoken to Kyle but had a drunken conversation with Stevie listening to The Law at TITP, he was totally sound. Random names but Alan Whicker and Ian Botham are great guys as well.

Good Guys

Alex Kapranos 

Dirty Sanchez 

Bobby Gillespie 

We Are Scientists 

Tim Burgess 

Fearne Cotton 

Bam Margera from Jackass (even though he slapped me due to it being my birthday)

Wanks

Angus Deayton & Harry Enfield  (bumped into the two of them together at Glastonbury and they were a pair of grumpy b*****ds)

Guest Moomintroll
Good Guys
Alex Kapranos 
Dirty Sanchez 
Bobby Gillespie 
We Are Scientists 
Tim Burgess 
Fearne Cotton 
Bam Margera from Jackass (even though he slapped me due to it being my birthday)

Wanks
Angus Deayton & Harry Enfield  (bumped into the two of them together at Glastonbury and they were a pair of grumpy b*****ds)
Should have counted them in, all of Franz Ferdinand are great guys.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
7 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:
Good Guys
Alex Kapranos 
Dirty Sanchez 
Bobby Gillespie 
We Are Scientists 
Tim Burgess 
Fearne Cotton 

Wanks

Should have counted them in, all of Franz Ferdinand are great guys.

Think the only ones I've ever met were Alex and Bob but yeah, both very decent.

1 hour ago, Ylf said:

The view made it pretty big when they where young. Bound to go to your head a bit. I’ve met them all and they all seem sound. Kyle used to get a lot of attention in Dundee and must’ve done his nut in. Sure he moved to London for a bit as well. Have some tap tunes as well

Yeah, Kyle's had a whole load of issues. I've never met him, but I can see how someone could think he's a w**k in the wrong circumstances. 

Apparently he was absolutely skint towards the end of last year (may still well be) after a court case*, but his new stuff seems to be heavy on redemption, which is hopefully him turning (another) corner. We'll see how long it lasts. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-42339521

Gary Brooker & Geoff Whitehorn from Procul Harem are definitely in the good guy camp, insisted on buying me a beer even though I had to ask who they were.
Also in the good guy ranks are.

Ray Reardon (also seen his cock).
Ernie Els (FaceTimed a guy I was with mate, who is a huge fan, blew the guy away). Top top lad.
Beef (Andrew Johnstone)
Carl Cox
Tim Henman (met him at the same time as Andrew Flintoff- see below).
Norman Cook
Neil Lennon (surprisingly & even more so cos my mate told him I thought he was a w****r). Very nice man.
David Ginola (bit tenuous as I never “met” him, he walked into me in Heathrow & couldn’t have been more apologetic.
Peter Mullen
The View lads, although a bit wanky when v drunk.

Wanks
Andrew Flintoff - what a cock of a man! Full of his self importance, even Henman looked embarrassed at his behaviour.
James McAvoy- despite my previous incarnation on P&B being DI Bruce Robertson & my current moniker also from the same book / movie, I met this absolute twat in Jan / Feb this year and he is an arsehile of the highest order. I’m so disappointed as I think he’s a great actor.

Don’t think I’ve met anyone who I thought was a w**k. I had a (very) brief chat with David Moyes when he was Everton manager, and their youth team were playing against Clyde in a friendly about eight years ago. I had left early as my son was getting a bit bored towards the end, and was hanging about outside waiting for my friends to come out when I met him.

Mark Morriss from the Bluetones is a total gent, met him twice now and couldn’t be any nicer, always happy to stand and have a chat or sign stuff or have a photo.

Met Tommy Sheridan in Camperdown Place maybe three years ago. I was meeting friends before going to a party and he was next to me at the bar. Had been on an Independence rally that was on in town that day. Absolute sound c**t.

Princess Anne opened our office last year, she seemed pretty sound, but didn’t exactly chat or anything.

Was sat next to Jim Leishman on a flight from Spain about ten years ago, he was brand new, really nice gent.

Ruth Jones was in Moskito about a year ago. I was on a date at the time and she was sat in the booth next to mine, and was pretty friendly, and reasonably attractive.

Met Neil Lennon a couple of times in Tennents on Byers Road. My pal was in last week with him too, also agreed that he is a top bloke.

Went to school with Mo (drummer from the view) he's a good c**t. 

Rest of the band I'm not keen on but purely down to I'm not a fan of their music. 

Pains me to say this as a Scotnat but the royals I've met have always been alright. Harry was especially sound whereas Will was a bit of a posh cock. 

Their gran stinks of piss and old person. 

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Rest of the band I'm not keen on but purely down to I'm not a fan of their music. 

Pains me to say this as a Scotnat but the royals I've met have always been alright. Harry was especially sound whereas Will was a bit of a posh cock. 

If I was paid millions from the public purse I would find it in myself to be nice to folk.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If I was paid millions from the public purse I would find it in myself to be nice to folk.

What would be the job definition, other than "wander about feigning interest in your employers"?

I had a mate who went to school with him as well, I assumed they would have gone to same school as their first album was out when they were all about 17!

50 minutes ago, throbber said:

I had a mate who went to school with him as well, I assumed they would have gone to same school as their first album was out when they were all about 17!

Nah couple of them went to St John's where as me and Mo were at the Harris. 

I'll know your mate if he knows Steve 

I've met a few famous people, Stuart Armstrong was easily the soundest, really happy to chat away shite about football and Celtic (2 of my mates that were with me are Celtic fans) got a few photos then even bought us a drink.

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd hate be famous and have continual randoms coming up to you and only realising at the last minute that you're not mates, they only know you off the telly.

Wait a minute...aren't you that bloke from off that football site?

Archived