Championship Golden Boot

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Just about the only part of this season that I have enjoyed.

Aye, you guys had a tremendous close season as always. Just need to extend that goodwill and energy a wee bit into August-May. 

Loved Willo’s press conference when he signed. Don’t think anyone has ever been less enthusiastic about joining a new club. 

• 3 months later...
On 7/27/2018 at 16:24, Shandon Par said:

No, this isn't a thread about Fraser Aird's "Mom", but a chance for you to dazzle us with your predictive skills. We're talking league goals only. Who will score the most and how many will he score? Will it be Dobbie? Will it be Fat Larry Shankland? Will it be Nicky Clark (clue - no it won't)? Will it be Declan McManus (hmmm)? 

Winner will receive a prize at the end of the season (Ts&Cs apply). Entries close at 2.59pm on Sat 4th August

I'll start:

Monkey Tennis: Dobbie 26 goals

D'Jaffo: Shankland "around the 20 mark" (<Craig Thomson found)

CC52 FFC Dobbie 19

AyrTroopMajor: Shankland 19

ICTChris: Dobbie 18

Im_Rodger: Debbie 22

Skyline Drifter: Dobbie 19

Sanny: Shankland 21

Doonhamer doom south: Dobbie 23

TeeMan: Dobbie 20

Hawkk89; Shankland 22

DistantDoonhamer: Dobbie 30

Black & White Tragic: Dobbie 32

ryanayr1987: Shankland 24

Buckfast: Shankland 26

Dumfries Boy new acc: Dobbie 19

oldhat: Dobbie 21

With ICT playing DAFC tomorrow, Billy McKay could steal this. Barring that, those still in the race are listed above. 

25 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

With ICT playing DAFC tomorrow, Billy McKay could steal this. Barring that, those still in the race are listed above. 

I don't think Billy Mckay is who you think he is.

15 minutes ago, yoda said:

I don't think Billy Mckay is who you think he is.

Sorry, I meant Brad. Can see him scoring a number of glorious hattricks tomorrow before he westles a lion and ends war and poverty.

Dobbie would have strolled it if Naysmith had set up the team and used him properly.  No surprise Dobbie's goals tailed off and the slide began  (even allowing for his injury)  when the manager adopted a more cautious approach. 

Yeah it had nothing to do with a past-it Dobbie predictably breathing out of his arse every week during the run-in and contributing hee-haw as a result. Just a wee bit more ambishun from the dugout and you'd be playing like the Brazil 1970 side no bother. 

Related image

Even a "past it"  Dobbie breathing out his arse is miles ahead of the nearest Morton top scorer, 15 (fifteen)  league goals better in fact. And a nominee for Championship Player of the Year.  Nope, can't see any Morton players on that list.  Still I suppose the people who nominated him know less about football than you. What a pity your pre-season great scoring hope Denny Johnstone turned out to be made of chocolate. 

And yet we still easily took eight points off you this season and have finished above you in the league - just like in every other campaign since you re-signed Dobbie. While you're desperately scrabbling to avoid seaside league football next season because your team is utter pish. Thanks for playing anyway. 

6b417f68-fc69-4c0e-80c9-32e9cd2e08b4.thumb.jpg.f6de293fee9213e769383ba646c0cdf0.jpg

Edited by vikingTON