twat shows off in speedboat - kills girl

I just think sentencing should be based on the fundamental crime, which in this case was reckless driving of a speedboat to the endangerment of life. In the same way, people who stamp on other peoples heads in a fight ought to get similar sentences, irrespective of what the outcome is.
You avoided the question.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If you drive drunk and smash into a lamppost should you get the same punishment as if you'd smashed into a bus stop killing 3 people?

I'd say you should get a similar amount of time in jail. For the latter case, the families of the victims can also sue the driver. To me, the point of jail is to protect society, so it should be the behaviour that puts you in jail, not the random results of that behaviour. Is it somehow less dangerous to society if I'm lucky enough to hit the bus stop while no-one is there?

41 minutes ago, bendan said:
I'd say you should get a similar amount of time in jail. For the latter case, the families of the victims can also sue the driver. To me, the point of jail is to protect society, so it should be the behaviour that puts you in jail, not the random results of that behaviour. Is it somehow less dangerous to society if I'm lucky enough to hit the bus stop while no-one is there?

The consequences of bad actions should come into account, otherwise people will take the law into their own hands. It's naive to think that vengeance isn't part of the justice system. If a drunk driver kills your wife and gets off with fine and a ban you wouldn't think justice had been served. If he hadn't driven drunk she'd still be alive, he's directly responsible. I don't think someone hitting a lampost should get ten years because he's over the limit.

Edited by welshbairn

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 15:22, Oooooft said:

Met on Tinder, dies off his boat in a river, and this happens around the time sjc headed to Japan?

Aye........

Not guilty your Honor.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Reports today that he's in Tiblisi, capital of Georgia.

With the UK having an extradition treaty with Georgia, it shouldn’t be too difficult to get this moron in prison to begin his sentence.

With the UK having an extradition treaty with Georgia, it shouldn’t be too difficult to get this moron in prison to begin his sentence.

I’m guessing he might be in one or Abkhazia or South Ossetia? Might make things a little trickier.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

I’m guessing he might be in one or Abkhazia or South Ossetia? Might make things a little trickier.

That would be a smart move.  I think Abkhazia is probably a nicer destination than South Ossetia, it's kind of a holiday resort.  He seems to have been spotted in Tiblisi though.

On 22/01/2019 at 22:57, ICTChris said:

Reports today that he's in Tiblisi, capital of Georgia.

21 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

That would be a smart move.  I think Abkhazia is probably a nicer destination than South Ossetia, it's kind of a holiday resort.  He seems to have been spotted in Tiblisi though.

There is no 'i' after the T in Tblisi.

I'm only telling you this in case you get it in a school spelling bee or something.