West Region KO times

peasy23

On 16/08/2018 at 07:54, Frew Fan 2001 said:

This is precisely my point,

if the perennial Premiership clubs (or anyone with a bit of ambition to play at a higher level?) invested in floodlights,

then we could/should be scheduling midweek games throughout the season,

not waiting until April and the usual Saturday-Monday-Wednesday-Saturday, etc for 2-3 months, a lot of which will be 6.30/6.45 kick offs

As I say won't solve all the fixture problems but it has to help at the "top end" where clubs are, traditionally, running behind in their league programme because of cup runs, etc.

As for LL/EoSL,

again that again reinforces my point,

if any Clubs currently in the Juniors (whatever that may look like in the future?) have ambitions to move up,

or even stay where they are,

you've got to suspect that membership of whatever Tier it is that any new West feeder league sits at,

floodlights are liable to be part of any criteria for playing in the top division at the very least.

I know what will come my way "you've got a brand new ground with floodlights you're alright, your old one was a toilet with nothing",

precisely!

We invested for the future, maybe others should be thinking/doing the same?

If investing for the future means going for astro community grounds with a barrier round it then no thanks, agree that floodlights at premier level should be a priority though.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Jimmy Gentles said:

If investing for the future means going for astro community grounds with a barrier round it then no thanks, agree that floodlights at premier level should be a priority though.

Agreed, the route we went isn't for everyone, 

is New Western Park perfect?

No it's not but it is a home and a secure future for us,

that works with the "community" aspect of what we are trying to achieve,

so if that means we had to sacrifice a few things like terracing, so be it,

but the floodlights aspect I think should be a requirement for all new builds and definitely for Premiership (or whatever it gets called in the future) grounds whether new or existing.

1 hour ago, Frew Fan 2001 said:

Agreed, the route we went isn't for everyone, 

is New Western Park perfect?

No it's not but it is a home and a secure future for us,

that works with the "community" aspect of what we are trying to achieve,

so if that means we had to sacrifice a few things like terracing, so be it,

but the floodlights aspect I think should be a requirement for all new builds and definitely for Premiership (or whatever it gets called in the future) grounds whether new or existing.

Renfrew for me is one of the better ones but astro is still and never  will be my bag for real games . Give me grass and the splatter of mud any day .......,..... but with floodlights of course :thumsup2

Archived