West Region KO times

peasy23

6:30 KO’s for a cup semi final are ok but for league games 7pm ko’s aren’t 🤷🏻‍♂️
Aye so basically the west region management/kennie are saying a league match is more important than a semi final of their new revamped league cup, so WHY KEEP THE FKIN THING???????

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While we've got Kennie's attention - I know your busy, but is there any chance we could get this Saturday's referee appointments before the programme has to be sent to the printers today?

Look up the SFA website, they should be in there today sometime. They do the ballot on a Tuesday for the following Saturday.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/referees/referee-appointments/

Just search by team.

This season was always going to be a learning curve for everybody with a new league structure, more league games, different sectional set-up and new fixtures Secretary. It was never going to be perfect straight away.

I reckon fair play to Kennie for listening to club’s concerns and acting upon them.
We still have floodlights so would like to know what the reasoning is, playing at midnight wouldnt have been an issue for us. Shambles already.

24 minutes ago, qwerty said:

Aye so basically the west region management/kennie are saying a league match is more important than a semi final of their new revamped league cup, so WHY KEEP THE FKIN THING???????

And why not move the Monday night quarter finals to the Wednesday and give the successful teams a couple of days to recover from Saturday ?? Maybe that makes too much sense

26 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

While we've got Kennie's attention - I know your busy, but is there any chance we could get this Saturday's referee appointments before the programme has to be sent to the printers today?

How do you know we have his attention on here ?

This. I think we can all agree having these league fixtures out has been good. Getting that cup in the bin (or making it straight knockout but reverting back to an Ayrshire/Central split to avoid it being basically the WoS) would give us 2 or 3 more league games which we could use to give the club's a 2 week break in the winter.

What I find most bizarre is that next week's card has been cancelled due to traffic etc, but in the same announcement we will be kicking off at 6.30 at the end of the season. Is the traffic quieter then?

It’s a case of make it up as you go along. 6:30/6:45 ko’s are terrible for supporters.

I'm sure I'm going to get buried for this,

but maybe instead of moaning about midweek on/off, kick off times,  travel, etc,

maybe we should be looking at it from another angle,

and one that may become more prevalent if we are to fully integrate into the SFA Pyramid?

Now without knowing whether all the speculation about who does/doesn't pay huge "wages" is/isn't true,

maybe some of the clubs who do pay (allegedly?) large amounts might consider the possibility of installing those dreaded (what was it someone called them earlier "devils candles?") floodlights?

Then at the very least the Premiership could be scheduling postponed/rescheduled because of Scottish, etc, games midweek and not having to wait until April-June to cram in half the league programme as has happened regularly in the past.

Will that solve all the problems,

no and I recognise there are lots of clubs out there surviving on a shoestring and this will never be a solution for them,

but if we are serious about making the leap to the Pyramid we better start thinking about what the SFA is likely to demand of our more successfull clubs.

hell of a lot easier to get to a midweek game under lights with a 7.30KO than the current possibilities!?

24 minutes ago, Frew Fan 2001 said:

and one that may become more prevalent if we are to fully integrate into the SFA Pyramid?

At the moment floodlights are only needed in the SPFL and Highland League, the Lowland League has 12/16 grounds with floodlights.

What happens with the LL/EoS fixtures is that clubs without floodlights host midweek matches at 7pm up until today. After that there is a round of midweek games at the end of August in the LL, hosted at grounds with floodlights. The same also happens in the first midweek of October in both leagues.

The problem with the West Premiership is that only 4/16 grounds have floodlights (5 in the Championship), compared to 5, 6, and 7 out of 13 in the EoS conferences, so you can't run a full midweek programme.

1 hour ago, Frew Fan 2001 said:

I'm sure I'm going to get buried for this,

but maybe instead of moaning about midweek on/off, kick off times,  travel, etc,

maybe we should be looking at it from another angle,

Now without knowing whether all the speculation about who does/doesn't pay huge "wages" is/isn't true,

maybe some of the clubs who do pay (allegedly?) large amounts might consider the possibility of installing those dreaded (what was it someone called them earlier "devils candles?") floodlights?

Then at the very least the Premiership could be scheduling postponed/rescheduled because of Scottish, etc, games midweek and not having to wait until April-June to cram in half the league programme as has happened regularly in the past.

Will that solve all the problems,

no and I recognise there are lots of clubs out there surviving on a shoestring and this will never be a solution for them,

but if we are serious about making the leap to the Pyramid we better start thinking about what the SFA is likely to demand of our more successfull clubs.

hell of a lot easier to get to a midweek game under lights with a 7.30KO than the current possibilities!?

Totally agree with this post as floodlights open up lots of midweek games, was down at threave rovers on saturday - footballing wise i dont want to comment on them too much as it wouldnt be nice - ; however their setup was excellent and if it were a junior ground it would be in my top 5 and yes they did have floodlights . 

On 15 August 2018 at 16:23, Ginaro said:

At the moment floodlights are only needed in the SPFL and Highland League, the Lowland League has 12/16 grounds with floodlights.

What happens with the LL/EoS fixtures is that clubs without floodlights host midweek matches at 7pm up until today. After that there is a round of midweek games at the end of August in the LL, hosted at grounds with floodlights. The same also happens in the first midweek of October in both leagues.

The problem with the West Premiership is that only 4/16 grounds have floodlights (5 in the Championship), compared to 5, 6, and 7 out of 13 in the EoS conferences, so you can't run a full midweek programme.

Strange but true.

Several old reports of Junior cup replays being played midweek.

In the afternoon.

15 hours ago, Ginaro said:

This is precisely my point,

if the perennial Premiership clubs (or anyone with a bit of ambition to play at a higher level?) invested in floodlights,

then we could/should be scheduling midweek games throughout the season,

not waiting until April and the usual Saturday-Monday-Wednesday-Saturday, etc for 2-3 months, a lot of which will be 6.30/6.45 kick offs

As I say won't solve all the fixture problems but it has to help at the "top end" where clubs are, traditionally, running behind in their league programme because of cup runs, etc.

As for LL/EoSL,

again that again reinforces my point,

if any Clubs currently in the Juniors (whatever that may look like in the future?) have ambitions to move up,

or even stay where they are,

you've got to suspect that membership of whatever Tier it is that any new West feeder league sits at,

floodlights are liable to be part of any criteria for playing in the top division at the very least.

I know what will come my way "you've got a brand new ground with floodlights you're alright, your old one was a toilet with nothing",

precisely!

We invested for the future, maybe others should be thinking/doing the same?

Archived