West Region KO times

peasy23

Putting Saturday's programme together and noticed that the early midweek ko times are now 7.00 pm after originally being listed as 6.45 pm.

More surprising was the fact that from the start of November all games are now listed as 1.30 pm kick offs. When was that agreed? Don't remember any discussions with clubs about that? From what I hear it will be 1.30 all the way from November until the start of March?IMG_20180726_155753.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe it was decided at last week's West Region management meeting.

The 1.30pm kick offs through to April seems bizarre as, from memory, the 2pm kick offs re-started at the start of February in previous seasons without any problem.

Midweek games from April onwards will be scheduled for 6.30pm kick offs, which seems unnecessarily early when it'll be light through till about 9pm by that time.

It seems particularly unnecessary for teams travelling a distance and who may have players working on a Saturday morning.

We have one player who regularly works on a Saturday till 12pm and then goes straight to the game. If that game is now a 1.30pm kick off in March at Girvan or Craigmark or Kello then he's goosed, which seems unfair when a 2pm kick off would be perfectly fine at that time of year.

I find it strange that it has been done with zero consultation with the member clubs, given that KO times have been subject to an alteration to rule a couple of times with the proposal to go later, rather than earlier.  I accept that there are occasions in December and January where 1.45 or 1.30 kos are needed, but I don't see any benefits at all of kicking off at 1.30 long term. Clubs rely on people coming along before the game, buying a few drinks, raffle tickets etc. Early kick offs mean fans don't turn up until closer to kick off and it has a big impact on club's income.

Surely this can be challenged by the clubs at the next West Region meeting, whenever that is ? It doesn't kick in till November, so there must be time to get it changed back to what it was before, which was absolutely fine.

That's fantastic NOT was hard enough getting to games after finishing work at 1 pm now I only get 30 mins to travel . Another we don't give a f**k about the fans from the west region .
That half hour is the difference of me just making it, or now not going at all. No thought to fans whatsoever, but that's nowt new.
It's the NO CONSULTATION that gets me.
Who asked for it?

Less time for pitches to potentially thaw out in the colder months.

Guest svejk
Surely this can be challenged by the clubs at the next West Region meeting, whenever that is ? It doesn't kick in till November, so there must be time to get it changed back to what it was before, which was absolutely fine.
The next General Meeting is Thursday 27th September IIRC.

Biggest concern for everyone would surely have to be with players who work Saturdays, I know fans also do this but for me, a player (myself included when i played) would work till 12 then get to the game for 1 in time for 2 kick off..... That opportunity has now gone.... 

Seems pretty strange, not once in my time did a 2pm kickoff make a blind bit of difference to a game that finished at 345........

17 hours ago, svejk said:
18 hours ago, glensmad said:

The next General Meeting is Thursday 27th September IIRC.

That will be a Management Committee meeting surely? For the last few years there have only been 2 GMs a season in Jan/February and April.

Archived