Falkirk cafc

Bawsoot

10 hours ago, Gazzah said:

Another team who found out the grass isn’t always greener when jumping into a new league from their own local league Similar to Dunblane thistle lasted a couple years then folded.

Dont get this comment Gazzah, why does a team moving into another possible better standard of league cause them to fold??

1 hour ago, FalkirkAmateur said:

Looked like they had a good set-up as well playing at the Falkirk Stadium.

What a waste.

I am a little surprised by this if its true as there has been nothing official from Falkirk , set up obviously excellent and u would think that would be a great attraction for players. 

I was expecting Falkirk to kick on under the community umbrella but there cant be any tie to the senior team or u wouldnt find them struggling for numbers. 

Travelling seems to allways be the reason teams cant attract players or they fold.  I dont agree if players have ambition it wont bother them to travel an extra 20-30mins for an away game if the standard is better. Plus if u have a good team spirit theres nothing better than coming home on the mini bus with 3 points from a tough away game. Now I realise not all teams travel together to away games which if the case may lead to problems. 

If travelling concerns is the main issue why teams are folding then the SAFA have to look at it and possibly restructure the amateur game to suit. 

There are many concerns over our game at every level the now they lie alot deeper than a few extra miles on a sat for a decent game of football. For me players just dont have the same interest in it which is a crying shame!!!

I run Falkirk and not sure who said we were folding but it’s def not the case. We have had a terrible pre season with losing players. Even players we brought in have since left. All down to poor numbers at training and the lack of desire to play amateur football these days.

We have undoubtedly one of the best set ups in amateur football and the support we receive from Falkirk is fantastic. That’s not said to show off as it has taken a lot of hard work to get the partnership in place and very lucky to have what we have. We train on the pitch twice a week and play our home games there as well. Of course when the first team are at home we need to get an alternative.

Playing in the central scottish is another huge plus for us but with all the above you’d think we wouldn’t have issues attracting players but that’s not the case.

Travelling in our league isn’t bad either. Most games are within a 30 min drive which isn’t long for the standard of teams we play. I’m sure players in the big cities probably take as long getting to some of their games at home let alone away games.

For me it’s too easy these days for guys to be distracted by other things. Be it golf, going to watch football, shopping with the mrs, going to Nando’s to take selfies or even just doing nothing. It is getting harder and harder to keep a team afloat these days and can only seeing it getting worse.

Players desire for a sat game just isn’t what it used to be.

We had a situation where a guy told us that he couldn't be bothered training or fighting for his place in the team. Cracking player whos making league select teams. Think that tells you everything you need to know about the state of amateur football. 

That said there seems to be more teams than ever in the Saturday morning set up. 

How is the friday night leagues going? Id have thought that would impace weekend numbers as its a time when not many work or guys might wanna play it so they have their full weekend free

The over 35's league as well, great idea but probably cost a few teams some players, there are a lot of more than capabale mid 30's players out there that probably play this instead of sat or sunday football, 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2018 at 23:23, balmoral said:

I run Falkirk and not sure who said we were folding but it’s def not the case. We have had a terrible pre season with losing players. Even players we brought in have since left. All down to poor numbers at training and the lack of desire to play amateur football these days.

We have undoubtedly one of the best set ups in amateur football and the support we receive from Falkirk is fantastic. That’s not said to show off as it has taken a lot of hard work to get the partnership in place and very lucky to have what we have. We train on the pitch twice a week and play our home games there as well. Of course when the first team are at home we need to get an alternative.

Playing in the central scottish is another huge plus for us but with all the above you’d think we wouldn’t have issues attracting players but that’s not the case.

Travelling in our league isn’t bad either. Most games are within a 30 min drive which isn’t long for the standard of teams we play. I’m sure players in the big cities probably take as long getting to some of their games at home let alone away games.

For me it’s too easy these days for guys to be distracted by other things. Be it golf, going to watch football, shopping with the mrs, going to Nando’s to take selfies or even just doing nothing. It is getting harder and harder to keep a team afloat these days and can only seeing it getting worse.

Players desire for a sat game just isn’t what it used to be.

Have Falkirk withdrew from the league cup section? 

Heard they may have a new man in charge now also , can anyone confirm?

Archived