South predictions

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, TheInsideScoop said:

Think he was on holiday, Jack McMurdo seemed to be nursing an injury from the first tackle of the match too

Jack was his busy self tho industrus as ever wantin to be involved in a typical derby lacking any real fitba but wi plenty of the usual fiesty moments involvin handbags at 10 paces and the out of region ref took a half to suss out the local culture   Threave missed Roman and Saints need Roman and his power for sure after playing both strikers who then got taken off after gettin nothin out of an ordinary Threave defence Saints were solid at the back tho winning plenty ball and always lookin to start attackin thru the busy midfield who got right stuck in and mixed it with the Threave boys  Saints wont be far away at the end of the season

Took the game in today. Saints dominated without making too much damage to Threave.  I have played and been involved in football at various levels for 40 years. Today there were no linesmen, official or club. I was told this was the referees decision !! Any thoughts on this?

Was at the Saints game at the weekend, Saints looked right up for this one looked really sharp and won all the individual battles all over the park bossed midfield. Threave lacked a bit of fitness in certain areas. Saints won't be far away.

Nithsdale 2-4 Bonnyton last night, looking like Bonnyton will be up there this season. Does anyone know if player of year Kerr is still there? And do Nithsdale still have that battering ram playing up front? Can't mind his name, but he was banging them in last season.

6 games to predict this weekend.....

Creetown v Bonnyton - 1-5 - Got to be another win for Bonnyton against a weak Creetown team. Always tough to play on Creetown pitch though!

Newton Stewart v Uppers - 2-4 - Uppers had great win against their rivals Mids last week and fancy them here. Tough start for Newton's youngsters who by all accounts were very good going forward against Lochar in 1st half last week. Just not very good defensively.

Abbey Vale v Dumfries YM - 6-0 - Can't really see anything other than a comfortable victory for Abbey Vale in this one. Although I think YM have a few players back that were missing from last couple games so could be stronger? Great start for Abbey Vale so far and confidence high after last minute winner against Heston.

Lochar v Heston - 2-1 - Will go for same result as last week in this one. Heston very unlucky not to get something from that game but I still feel Lochar on their day are too strong. If Lochar have Anderson back fit it could be more comfortable.

Coldstream v St Cuthberts - 2-2 - Think this one will be close so will go for the score draw. Big spending Saints looking quite strong so far...Can the manager keep everyone happy? Not sure what Coldstream are like but I would imagine probably stronger than a lot in South league.

Threave v Beith - 1-4 -  Beith should be far too strong for the Rovers but I hope otherwise. Heard Threave have offered big money again to Soltys to play this game? Surely Threave's current forwards will be unhappy if true?

Nithsdale 2-4 Bonnyton last night, looking like Bonnyton will be up there this season. Does anyone know if player of year Kerr is still there? And do Nithsdale still have that battering ram playing up front? Can't mind his name, but he was banging them in last season.
Creetown v Bonnyton - 1-5 - Got to be another win for Bonnyton against a weak Creetown team. Always tough to play on Creetown pitch though!
Newton Stewart v Uppers - 2-4 - Uppers had great win against their rivals Mids last week and fancy them here. Tough start for Newton's youngsters who by all accounts were very good going forward against Lochar in 1st half last week. Just not very good defensively.
Abbey Vale v Dumfries YM - 6-0 - Can't really see anything other than a comfortable victory for Abbey Vale in this one. Although I think YM have a few players back that were missing from last couple games so could be stronger? Great start for Abbey Vale so far and confidence high after last minute winner against Heston.
Lochar v Heston - 2-1 - Will go for same result as last week in this one. Heston very unlucky not to get something from that game but I still feel Lochar on their day are too strong. If Lochar have Anderson back fit it could be more comfortable.
Coldstream v St Cuthberts - 2-2 - Think this one will be close so will go for the score draw. Big spending Saints looking quite strong so far...Can the manager keep everyone happy? Not sure what Coldstream are like but I would imagine probably stronger than a lot in South league.
Threave v Beith - 1-4 -  Beith should be far too strong for the Rovers but I hope otherwise. Heard Threave have offered big money again to Soltys to play this game? Surely Threave's current forwards will be unhappy if true?

Bit confused here Kenny!! In your other post on another thread you stated that Newton should’ve been 3-0 up at HT in last weeks game and referee ruined game with the red card, yet in your prediction for Newton game this week, you state “by all accounts Newton were good going forward last week”
So were you at the game last week or not?? [emoji23][emoji23]

10 hours ago, kenny18 said:

Kenny .... Yes, Kerr was in the away Dugout on Wednesday night but  not stripped to play, not too sure if he has an injury 

should be back soon banging in the goals!!!!!

9 hours ago, locharinn said:

Bit confused here Kenny!! In your other post on another thread you stated that Newton should’ve been 3-0 up at HT in last weeks game and referee ruined game with the red card, yet in your prediction for Newton game this week, you state “by all accounts Newton were good going forward last week”
So were you at the game last week or not?? emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sorry locharinn, should have stated on the other thread that’s what I heard...I wasn’t at the game. Just wanted to mention how the game was spoiled by the red card and that was down to the ref. 

In relation to the Nithsdale "battering ram" banging them in last season, his name is Sean McKenzie and he was there on loan from Cumnock Juniors. He has returned to his parent club Cumnock and is indeed banging them i  again. Nithsdale have signed that other battering ram Tomi Thomson again up front who scored the  second goal for Nithsdale the other night v Bonnyton.  Bonnyton could have won by a lot more if not for a decent display by the Nithsdale keeper, Jamie Kerr

7 hours ago, Beardyman said:

I see he is down for Newton Vs Wigtown game so be interesting to see what people make of that.

Will you be taking in this derby Beardyman or will you be elsewhere in the region ? I hear Lockerbie is pleasant at this time of year 

Archived