What’s the funniest and strangest thing you’ve ever witnessed at a football match?

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

Not sure if I dreamt this story or not but I remember when I was about 7 years old getting taken to a Clydebank v St Mirren game by my Uncle where the St. Mirren kit man forgot to bring the strips and they had to play in an Illuminous yellow Morton kit. The game was at Cappielow so that was the reason the Morton strips were at hand :lol:

Pretty sure you're on the money with that, I vaguely recall reading about that, late 90's was it?

Slightly related but a mate of mine was the kit man forStirling Albion for a few years and he inexplicably packed the Albion's sky blue away kit one Friday night for the following days trip to Forfar who, virtually everyone with a modicum of knowledge of Scottish Football knows play in.... sky blue.

I wasn't there but he told me they had to borrow a kit (maroon I think he said) from a local junior/amateur side.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if I dreamt this story or not but I remember when I was about 7 years old getting taken to a Clydebank v St Mirren game by my Uncle where the St. Mirren kit man forgot to bring the strips and they had to play in an Illuminous yellow Morton kit. The game was at Cappielow so that was the reason the Morton strips were at hand [emoji38]
Tom Brown wearing the Morton away shirt with St Mirren away shorts. This was season 1999/00. wrongstrip.jpg

In 1994/95 the wee team decided, somewhat bizarrely, to have a blue away kit. An obvious kit clash in the derbies but we all know they aren't the brightest at Dense.

In the first match at McD both teams wore their away kits. Problem solved.

Come the second match the club told the wee team that we'd be playing in the sacred royal blue and that they'd have to solve the problem they'd created. And rightly so. So they wore our away tops with their shorts and socks.

Rumour has it that the tops they'd worn were deemed beyond salvation and they were incinerated after the match, but that's never been confirmed.

post-202-0-36628200-1448298927.jpg

Archived