McBookie Title odds

selfassemblyshire

I wasn't writing anyone off and I certainly have nothing to do with EstKilbride, I spend my time watching senior and junior football in Fife. My observations are that with their new manager and the players they have added that they will win the league and it looks like the bookies agree, time will tell

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Cyril said:

I wasn't writing anyone off and I certainly have nothing to do with EstKilbride, I spend my time watching senior and junior football in Fife. My observations are that with their new manager and the players they have added that they will win the league and it looks like the bookies agree, time will tell

But you've seen enough of BSC from Fife then to write them off :blink:

Best of luck for the season whoever yer monies on pal. For what it's worth I'm sitting on the fence as can't separate top 5 already mentioned. 

58 minutes ago, Cyril said:

Considering he was a failure at Albion Rovers and that video made him a laughing stock - how exactly do you think he'll contribute to them winning the league? I'll be shocked if he's still there in January, EK looked to have gone backwards seriously over the summer.

Albion Rovers isn't exactly an easy job, didn't see anything in that video that doesn't go on in a lot of dressing rooms. The likes of Reid, Woods and Longworth will be good players at this level, fancy them to win it.

Considering he was a failure at Albion Rovers and that video made him a laughing stock - how exactly do you think he'll contribute to them winning the league? I'll be shocked if he's still there in January, EK looked to have gone backwards seriously over the summer.

Backwards? Really? Do you base that on the new manager or the players they have got signed? For me we look alot stronger than last year without a doubt. Problem is other top 5 teams have all strengthened really well over summer too. For what its worth ive got a feeling shire might be the team to beat this year. Ive no doubt ek will be there or there abouts tho. All makes for a brilliant season of football.

Backwards? Really? Do you base that on the new manager or the players they have got signed? For me we look alot stronger than last year without a doubt. Problem is other top 5 teams have all strengthened really well over summer too. For what its worth ive got a feeling shire might be the team to beat this year. Ive no doubt ek will be there or there abouts tho. All makes for a brilliant season of football.

I agree John. I think it's going to be Shire vs EK shoot out at the end. It's the best pre-season I've seen for us in a long time and we actually have a decent sized squad for once!

22 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Lol well would defo take a snip at 9s lol just think we will take a season to find our feet 

Also feel we have goals and plenty in midfield but think we could’ve done with getting in an experienced centre half that has played this league or better, don’t get me wrong think all are defenders are tip top but could’ve done with a younger version of our manager at the back and then 4s would’ve been about right 

Well we’ve signed Cieran Chalmers from Selkirk (young defender) glad to see Tam taking my advice lol , any thoughts on the young lad ? Seemed no too shabby in pre season 

2 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

I agree John. I think it's going to be Shire vs EK shoot out at the end. It's the best pre-season I've seen for us in a long time and we actually have a decent sized squad for once!

Unless I've missed something don't you only have 16 signed

Think Cumbernauld Colts who are very underrated may be a surprise package as only seem to have lost one quality player to the senior ranks but have quietly added a few very decent players with maybe one or two still in the pipeline.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 13:57, selfassemblyshire said:

Eaat Kilbride 9/4
Spartans 5/2
East Stirlingshire 4/1
Kelty Hearts 4/1
BSC Glasgow 13/2
Cumbernauld Colts 25/1
Stirling University 25/1
Selkirk 50/1
Civil Service Strollers 66/1
Gretna 2008 66/1