West Premiership predictions

AM-1

Hard to see past Talbot. Think Glens and Beith were relatively fortunate to win last couple of seasons as there has been no real standouts, not much between the teams. Pollok seem to struggle with a burden of responsibility to their large support.

Hopefully for Buffs, Chris continues the good work of last season and we establish ourselves as one of the forces in the top league.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Really think that Pollok have to win with the amount Tony has spent the last couple seasons . Will be the usual suspects of Talbot ,Beith etc they will have to beat . We done well last season finishing 5th & tbh we could have had a few more points . Same again this season & I will be happy

Arguably this season we are going into it with a poorer squad than last season, but hopefully the benefit of a settled side who did finish the season strongly. 

Loads of tough games in the league, I think anyone wanting to win it outside of Beith and Talbot have to make a good start and put points on the board when they play in the first couple of Scottish cup rounds. 

Hard to see past Talbot. Think Glens and Beith were relatively fortunate to win last couple of seasons

You’re talking absolute tosh
( not the Talbot prediction) but to suggest any team is fortunate to win any league never mind the top one is nothing short disrespect 🤨

I suppose this year winners will be fortunate too. Unless it’s your team of course

35 minutes ago, Glens lad said:

You’re talking absolute tosh
( not the Talbot prediction) but to suggest any team is fortunate to win any league never mind the top one is nothing short disrespect 

I suppose this year winners will be fortunate too. Unless it’s your team of course

My opinion is as valid as yours. The Glens team that won it wasn't even a great Glens side and Beith sneaked in last season because Talbot ran out of steam just when it mattered.

Lok had some very poor results at the start of last season which ultimately they paid for come the run in at the end.Beith absolutely proved how important it is to fight for every single point when they battled back in the 95th minute at Newlandsfield to rescue a point from 2 down -a point which proved totally invaluable at the end!

As was said above Im not sure that we have strengthened anything in the close season and that’s a bit of a concern while all others have.

My opinion is as valid as yours. The Glens team that won it wasn't even a great Glens side and Beith sneaked in last season because Talbot ran out of steam just when it mattered.

Beith won the Scottish in 16 top 3 in 17 and probably played just as many games as talbot last season so talbot running out of steam is poor excuse as for glens in they won the Scottish as well but disrespectful to say the team that won the 2 big trophies were lucky

1 hour ago, classof2010 said:

Beith won the Scottish in 16 top 3 in 17 and probably played just as many games as talbot last season so talbot running out of steam is poor excuse as for glens in they won the Scottish as well but disrespectful to say the team that won the 2 big trophies were lucky

My opinion. Seen plenty of good junior sides overthe years. For much of last season Beith struggled, but stuck in there and just about got over the line. As for Glens double winners, they were workmanlike, nothing more. It's not always the best sides that win trophies.

My opinion. Seen plenty of good junior sides overthe years. For much of last season Beith struggled, but stuck in there and just about got over the line. As for Glens double winners, they were workmanlike, nothing more. It's not always the best sides that win trophies.

Beith struggled with lack of games middle of the season best team first 2 or 3 month season then suffered with lack of games then finished by far apart from maybe pollok at the end of season final of west semis Ayrshire quarters Scottish so played just as many games as talbot. hurlford prob played most games maybe that’s why they tired late on in the Scottish🤪🤪

My opinion. As for Glens double winners, they were workmanlike, nothing more. It's not always the best sides that win trophies.

Actually won three trophies but we won’t split hairs. [emoji6] ( Evening Times trophy, )
Best team that season. [emoji5]

Obviously I saw different games to you, but IMO Glenafton were easily the top side when they won the double and played some silky stuff. Southy definitely encourages a paying game.

Last season Beith were excellent in all three games against us except for one half of the WoS Final. I also saw them against Pollok and Talbot when they were also very good and were therefore worthy league champions.

18 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Obviously I saw different games to you, but IMO Glenafton were easily the top side when they won the double and played some silky stuff. Southy definitely encourages a paying game.

Last season Beith were excellent in all three games against us except for one half of the WoS Final. I also saw them against Pollok and Talbot when they were also very good and were therefore worthy league champions.

All about opinions. I recollect how, when Beith were struggling, their supporters were moaning about their ageing centre backs. They were poorer last season than previous. I watched Cumnock playing better football than Beith last season. 

3 hours ago, Glens lad said:

Actually won three trophies but we won’t split hairs. emoji6.png ( Evening Times trophy, )
Best team that season. emoji5.png

We can agree to disagree. Being effective isnt necessarily best. Mourinho has won plenty in his career with an effective system, but most of his teams have been turgid to watch. Apart from Porto ...

7 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Buffs totally bottled it from a glorious position and that was also a factor and a pleasing one at that  :thumsup2however  player for player no team was better than beith last season in that league ,therefore as was previously alluded to ,you are indeed talking tosh .8)

28 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

We can agree to disagree. Being effective isnt necessarily best. Mourinho has won plenty in his career with an effective system, but most of his teams have been turgid to watch. Apart from Porto ...

Most of his teams have been turgid to watch apart from porto :unsure:

Porto were hellish to watch and probably his most turgid. You're  having a nightmare here.:lol:

5 hours ago, funky monkey said:

What do you mean by just about got over the line?  They did get over the line!

They won the league with most goals scored and least conceded with a goal difference of +40.

Won the Evening Times Cup & beat on penalties in W.OS.C Final & reached Quarters of Scottish yet according to you for much of last season they struggled.

If thats struggling I'll take that any day of the week.

28 minutes ago, cabe said:

What do you mean by just about got over the line?  They did get over the line!

They won the league with most goals scored and least conceded with a goal difference of +40.

Won the Evening Times Cup & beat on penalties in W.OS.C Final & reached Quarters of Scottish yet according to you for much of last season they struggled.

If thats struggling I'll take that any day of the week.

Well said my fellow cabinet making friend 8)

If we are winning the league and evening times cup and just losing out on pens to a damn good hurlford side in the west final while struggling then i wonder what happens when it clicks :o:whistle:whistle

Archived