West Premiership predictions

AM-1

13 hours ago, Jollyboy John said:

Still stand by that statement.  Beith didn't look good at that point and a lot of the Beith fans agreed, some were even questioning if the managers time was up, particularly after the Lochee game, fans were questioning a lack of heart and motivation.  As I said you had the easier run-in, but you got the points on the board which proved to be enough.  Had a look and in the last 4 league games Beith scored 21 goals and conceded 2, which maybe says more about the opposition teams being put out.

I don’t get this “ easier run in “ crap. 

I thought every team played the same amount of games against the same teams. 

The record books don’t show  an asterisk against Beiths name indicating they had “ an easy run in”. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bul2 said:

I find this probably one of the most ludicrous statements in this thread.

You actually believe that another top division team would discuss their current and / or future budget with another team, particularly one in the same prospective division- aye right !!!!

It is just another person putting a hook and line out with some info on it and some folk will bite

Incredible. If I thought any of my clubs commitee / officials/ players were discussing budgets / wages etc with anybody not attached to or involved with their club, I would ensure they no longer were involved with the club

I'm surprised that you are surprised that committee members of the various clubs don't duscuss business such as this. Where good relationships exist, I would exoect these types of discussions to be fairly routine. Not necessarily down to the last penny or specific wages, but in general terms.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Gentles said:

Buffs fans on here simply cant get over the fact that they fucked up the league last season with a 12 point lead over the eventual winners :thumsup2

Best chance of winning a major in years and you fucked it right up :lol:

Aye, whatever you say JG. If that's what computes with you then so be it, I've no interest in trying to change that.

All I do know is, Beith were fortunate last season and enjoyed a large slice of luck, in my opinion.

See you next season ...

2 hours ago, nicotina said:

my top 10 predictions       1 hurlford   2 beith 3 talbot  4 kilwinning  5 lok  6 clydebank 7 kilbirnie 8 petershill 9 cumnock 10 glenafton 

Unless Hurlford have made a few good signings I would be surprised if they finish in the top 3. As they say it is all about opinion I think Beith, Talbot, Pollok and Clydebank as my outsiders.

Went Pollok, Talbot, Beith last year and will stick with it this year. A lot of tosh on here about Beith. They had a brilliant start and finish with a much disrupted winter in between. Pollok have to win this year for wee Tony. I know the squads aren’t finalised but I think Beith are long on defenders and attackers and short a central midfielder that can see a pass. Talbot are a wee bit front to back for my liking and I think they also need bit more in the middle of the park.

Think Beith may struggle this year.

Partly due to their efforts from last season and upgrade of competing teams.

I saw them play a few times and they looked laboured similar to the man utd team just before fergie departed.

Talbot have been tweaking their squad so I think we could go either way. Hopefully 1 better than last session.

I'll make a bold decision and suggest Cumnock may surprise a few folk this season.

Pollok have too much expectation on them to win.

Kilbirnie and the Buffs similar vain to Talbot will be a Big Hit or a Big Miss

I saw them play a few times and they looked laboured similar to the man utd team just before fergie departed.

Talbot have been tweaking their squad so I think we could go either way. Hopefully 1 better than last session.

I'll make a bold decision and suggest Cumnock may surprise a few folk this season.

A run in the senior Scottish would be the only way beith would struggle we’ve kept majority of squad which has won the Scottish and league last 3 seasons if we are short anywhere it’s maybe central midfield but plenty time for sir Johnny to sort that out

5 hours ago, Talbot 78 said:

Pretty much the way I see it. Interesting thing about Talbot is that they always know when its time to ship out players, even club legends. Talbot renew very well too. Will certainly be a competitive league this season, cant see anybody running away with it. Agree on Cumnock too, a better side than their league position suggested last season, I think they'll be competitive this season.

6 hours ago, Talbot 78 said:

And you don’t think Beith have tweaked their squad?  Beith have signed some good young players to bring the age of the squad down while retaining a good bit of experience.   Midfield for me is pretty good and probably one of the few teams that play with two wingers not just midfielders. Also strengthened at the back.  

So you go ahead and right us off, quite happy to remain the underdogs :P

7 minutes ago, beithboy said:

And you don’t think Beith have tweaked their squad?  Beith have signed some good young players to bring the age of the squad down while retaining a good bit of experience.   Midfield for me is pretty good and probably one of the few teams that play with two wingers not just midfielders. Also strengthened at the back.  

Interesting that Beith play with 2 wingers. Rossvale won their league playing the same way. Wayched the Vale v Beith preseason game and it was a belter. Maybe wingers are the way to go. 

50 minutes ago, beithboy said:

I also like Beith's midfield always impressed with Christie and Frize.  What I saw last season was my team Buffs and Beith play attacking football and were prepared to concede knowing that they could score 2 or more to win a game with the attacking players they have. Talbot are a well oiled machine who are not spectacular on the eye but get the job done which any junior fan would take with the success they have enjoyed. Pollok are similar to Talbot in being a well oiled machine, who have a match winner in McAnn. Regarding the league I don't know, will be competitive and thrilling to watch. Bring it on.

Pollok must come good at some point but need to start well.

Hope one of the promoted teams can spring a surprise and for me that could be Cambuslang as they have some quality players that just need to gel and go on a winning streak...hard league to predict with a lot of strong squads.

Interesting that Beith play with 2 wingers. Rossvale won their league playing the same way. Wayched the Vale v Beith preseason game and it was a belter. Maybe wingers are the way to go. 

Not exactly reinventing the wheel is it?

So you go ahead and right us off, quite happy to remain the underdogs [emoji14]
Just an opinion buddy. A few Beith players looked jaded in the games. When you win a few trophies sometimes that winning feeling fades

Got it way wrong in the past but will try again..

1 Pollok

2 Talbot

3 Beith

4 Buffs

5 Hurlford

6 Petershill

7 Glenafton

8 Cumnock

9 Kilbirnie

10 Clydebank

11 Rob Roy

12 Meadow

13 Cambuslang

14 Troon

15 Largs

16 Renfrew

Can see this season being tight at the top and the bottom, looking forward to the new season

Aye, whatever you say JG. If that's what computes with you then so be it, I've no interest in trying to change that.
All I do know is, Beith were fortunate last season and enjoyed a large slice of luck, in my opinion.
See you next season ...

Aye must of been lucky over 22 league games the same as everyone else.

Must of been luck to win the league / evening times cup and last 8 of the Scottish and runners up in the West. We’ll through the semi-final for good luck in the Ayrshire cup.

2 hours ago, juventus said:

Aye must of been lucky over 22 league games the same as everyone else.

Must of been luck to win the league / evening times cup and last 8 of the Scottish and runners up in the West. We’ll through the semi-final for good luck in the Ayrshire cup.

Good try.

Just the league. 

Try keeping up.

Archived