West Premiership predictions

AM-1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jimmy Gentles said:

Everyones entitled to their opinions jollyboy, a wee scan of your profile and you were saying beith looked a team in decline after being beaten by the buffs last season which was proven to be wrong . :P

Going to be another interesting season ahead and if buffs dont bottle it again it could maybe go down to the wire again :unsure:

Still stand by that statement.  Beith didn't look good at that point and a lot of the Beith fans agreed, some were even questioning if the managers time was up, particularly after the Lochee game, fans were questioning a lack of heart and motivation.  As I said you had the easier run-in, but you got the points on the board which proved to be enough.  Had a look and in the last 4 league games Beith scored 21 goals and conceded 2, which maybe says more about the opposition teams being put out.

2 hours ago, beithboy said:

To answer your question yes they did, they started really well and won 5 or 6 (including a win over the buffs) games straight at the start of the season and were clear at the top of the league .  Had a good bit of momentum going when postponed Scottish cup matches meaant that they played something like two matches in 10 weeks Stopped us in our tracks.  Took them to the last 6 or 7 games to get back into the swing of things and win their Games. 

Fair enough. Buffs went through a similar 2 month spell of no games fromJanuary. Can't blame that for our demise right enough, after we beat Beith at Buffs Park we didnt have enough goals in us to keep the momentum going.

Lol. Spot on really. I'll take the Buffs quip on my rather large chin.

They had an easier run in cos they had played the harder teams twice earlier in the season maybe the reason the finished above talbot is they won the head to head as for the buffs they blew it. It was in their own hands don’t give me we were in the play offs the season before 2 yrs after promotion beith won the Scottish

8 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

They had an easier run in cos they had played the harder teams twice earlier in the season maybe the reason the finished above talbot is they won the head to head as for the buffs they blew it. It was in their own hands don’t give me we were in the play offs the season before 2 yrs after promotion beith won the Scottish

Buffs overachieved last season, given our expectations at the start of the season.

From comments on here, it looks like we have re-established ourselves as protagonusts in the top league which is very pleasing.

2 minutes ago, pheasant plucker said:

You never know if Beith stick in one day they might achieve the same success as the Buffs.

No doubt about it Buffs have been the benchmark for all West junior sides. BTW the drugs don’t work

2 seasons back and we are the benchmark? Fantastic stuff, glad you are liking what we are doing.

47 minutes ago, Jollyboy John said:

Still stand by that statement.  Beith didn't look good at that point and a lot of the Beith fans agreed, some were even questioning if the managers time was up, particularly after the Lochee game, fans were questioning a lack of heart and motivation.  As I said you had the easier run-in, but you got the points on the board which proved to be enough.  Had a look and in the last 4 league games Beith scored 21 goals and conceded 2, which maybe says more about the opposition teams being put out.

Probably about two halfwits ( grandfather and grandson ) questioning if the managers time was up :lol:.

Next ? 

51 minutes ago, Jollyboy John said:

Easier run ins blah blah :lol: you seem to be failing on the basic concept of a league , everyone plays each team team twice per season , beith finished up with most points, most goals and least conceded .AMEN 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Gentles said:

Probably about two halfwits ( grandfather and grandson ) questioning if the managers time was up :lol:.

Next ? 

Thanks for confirming that people were questioning the manager  I remember reading a grovelling apology on the Beith forum from a fan who slagged off the captain, I presume he is one of the halfwits?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Gentles said:

Easier run ins blah blah :lol: you seem to be failing on the basic concept of a league , everyone plays each team team twice per season , beith finished up with most points, most goals and least conceded .AMEN 

If you read my posts at no time did I say Beith didn't deserve to win the league.  Only point I was making was with regards to goal difference, Beith played teams at the right time of the season.  Moreover if you get the most points, who cares about goal difference.

In many ways Buffs did bottle it, but given that we were in the relegation play off the previous season, I'll take the progress made and push on again this season. 

Beith were turgid to watch last season, Pollok, Cumnock, Kilbirnie all playing a more pleasing brand of football.

As a neutral the only game I saw as I was busy watching my own team but game when Beith won the league v Girvan they played some brilliant football and scored a few great goals with fast quick players up top. Their front two and two wide plus two subs they brought on up front would get into most top league teams and constantly looked like scoring which they did 6 times.

Calm down Jolly Boy and take a deep breath. Your new to this game and have caught a bit o Buffs fever. Get your GP to give you a new calm down script and share it wi your manager.
Buffs are usually good entertainment in one shape or another and with the cash they have (again) could well buy themselves a bit of limelight next season but as history shows they tend to be a bit up & soon like a hoors drawers.

6 hours ago, pheasant plucker said:

Calm down Jolly Boy and take a deep breath. Your new to this game and have caught a bit o Buffs fever. Get your GP to give you a new calm down script and share it wi your manager.
Buffs are usually good entertainment in one shape or another and with the cash they have (again) could well buy themselves a bit of limelight next season but as history shows they tend to be a bit up & soon like a hoors drawers.

We've a budget of less than half of that of Beith, last season far less than 100k.

52 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

How do you know what beiths budget is

When Buffs were promoted, there were various discussions about what sort of budget was required for the Super Prem. The committee discussed this with good contacts, officials at various clubs, one of them being Beith. I know the figure that was quoted and was/is substantially more than Buffs could afford. Thats just a fact. Beith have one of the hardest working committees in Junior football, able to secure good and regular sources of income, a well run club.

When Buffs were promoted, there were various discussions about what sort of budget was required for the Super Prem. The committee discussed this with good contacts, officials at various clubs, one of them being Beith. I know the figure that was quoted and was/is substantially more than Buffs could afford. Thats just a fact. Beith have one of the hardest working committees in Junior football, able to secure good and regular sources of income, a well run club.

I find this probably one of the most ludicrous statements in this thread.

You actually believe that another top division team would discuss their current and / or future budget with another team, particularly one in the same prospective division- aye right !!!!

It is just another person putting a hook and line out with some info on it and some folk will bite

Incredible. If I thought any of my clubs commitee / officials/ players were discussing budgets / wages etc with anybody not attached to or involved with their club, I would ensure they no longer were involved with the club

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

Does not matter what it takes to run this premier league club or that  premier league club,  you work within what the committee or people running the club tell you is your budget, whether that is £10,000 or £100,000  and looking at the players the buffs are signing they have a large budget to work with.  As for Beith being a well run club? yes they are and I know they work damn hard to get the best out their players within the budget they are given.  And like above i would be surprised if anyone from Beith would discuss wages/budget with another club. 

Archived