SummerSlam 2018

Stuck it on the network this morning and watched the last 2 matches.....I can appreciate Rousey winning clean but the Lesnar match was poor (obviously he’s away so wouldn’t expect any effort) but if I was buying tickets to that show based on those two matches I’d be really disappointed.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sending out Brawn to more than tease the cash in so the fans would stay in their seats for a Roman coronation. Fair play to Vince he finally cracked it. Enjoyed the show. The WWE Championship is going to be explosive at HIAC.

I watched It live up until Miz v Bryan then went to bed. Finished It this morning.

I expected Ambrose heel turn. Him v Rollins for the IC title would be really good.

Miz v Bryan was strong until the Interference so that’s not finished.

I can see Braun v Brock at WM35.

Decent show In all honesty.

This wasn’t a bad show. Rollins/Ziggler and Styles/Joe were both great, everything else a bit meh. Bryan/Miz was far too long and pretty anticlimactic, whilst the Ronda match was just bizare. Alicia Fox got more moves in than Alexa did last night ffs

The main event had me rolling my eyes, a lot, but at the very least the Lesnar circus is over. 

All-in-all, it was a pretty good show, going purely by the scale of recent main roster shows.  I don't think there were too many outright bad matches, and quite a few more than decent ones.  They also realised that they were taking the fucking piss in running shows that lasted into the early hours of Tuesday morning, and finished it promptly at 4am.  

Where it fell down though was that it was just so achingly safe.  No real surprises that would befit what is their second biggest show, and pretty much every match went the way they would have been expected to.  Not necessarily a bad thing, as when they try to surprise people they can often get it wrong, but I would have liked a few more intriguing moments.

Archived