Starting 11 for Belgium and Albania games

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Why does McTominay start. We are playing two teams in nations cup which we can afford to go and attack. McTominay wrong choice for that. He's a good defensive midfielder and should play against the better teams when we need to counter. Obviously Mr defensive McLeish will pick him; twat of a man.

With Brown and probably Fletcher not playing  we need to be giving our young prospects as much gametime as possible otherwise they'll never have the experience to step into international football. Plus he's a big lad, along with likes of Paterson can give us a help at set pieces. 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does McTominay start. We are playing two teams in nations cup which we can afford to go and attack. McTominay wrong choice for that. He's a good defensive midfielder and should play against the better teams when we need to counter. Obviously Mr defensive McLeish will pick him; twat of a man.

What are you basing this opinion of McLeish as a defensive manager on?  He wasn't really that defensive the first time he managed us, with the exception of the games against France and Italy.  In fact, if anything he chucked the Euro 2008 campaign away by setting us out to be too attacking in Georgia, leaving out Christian Dailly in place of Shaun Maloney.

Why stop there?  Why even play any defenders at all?  Drop the goalkeeper?  For me, playing anyone in our half would be far too defensive against the utter shite we're playing in the Nations League.

Or, like most people would realise, it isn't enough just to throw more forwards on and call it attacking.  I liked to think that no-one would ever think like that after our immense act of charity against Gibraltar, but then I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

9 hours ago, woof! said:

So that’s one player. He won’t play there too often for Bournemouth. The fact that he keeps withdrawing from squads suggests he won’t play there too often for us either.  I’m not convinced 5ft 3.5 in is ideal for a defender. I’ll also wager Docherty has played more often in that position than Fraser. 

Fraser is first choice there for me.  

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

We need one DM.  Him next to mcginn.

Guest DAVIDB69
We need one DM.  Him next to mcginn.

But he will be guaranteed a game because of who he plays for which isn’t right.

I would be surprised if he was anything more than a league cup man this season

21 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

But he will be guaranteed a game because of who he plays for which isn’t right.

I would be surprised if he was anything more than a league cup man this season

No by being better than the alternatives.  That's why he plays for man, you're getting it the wrong way round. And I don't think he'll be guaranteed a game anyway.

Would imagine that with McKenna being out we'll go with a back line of:

Hendry   Mulgrew   Tierney

Paterson                                                                   Robertson

On 09/08/2018 at 13:51, Gordopolis said:

Paterson                                                                   Robertson

I think this would be best. With Robertson providing crosses, Paterson will be very dangerous at the back post.

On 8/9/2018 at 13:51, Gordopolis said:

Most likely with the folk at our disposal. If mckenna were fit would he replace mulgrew or Hendry tho?

Midfield of Mcginn, Armstrong Mctominay Mcgregor and Griffiths up top. Forrest and Fraser could come in for Paterson if we need more pace down that side.

1 hour ago, PrestersKTID said:

Most likely with the folk at our disposal. If mckenna were fit would he replace mulgrew or Hendry tho?

Midfield of Mcginn, Armstrong Mctominay Mcgregor and Griffiths up top. Forrest and Fraser could come in for Paterson if we need more pace down that side.

If he's fully fit then I'd start McKenna ahead of Mulgrew, yes. We already have one of the three centre backs that's very comfortable with the ball at their feet, and I think McKenna is much better defensively than Mulgrew.

Archived