Starting 11 for Belgium and Albania games

2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

This Belgium fixture is the first of a double header (Albania NL a few days later), so I'd expect a strong/full squad for this one - Fraser, Armstrong, McGregor, Tierney, Griffiths (if fit), Robbo all included.

Problem is whether we actually field any of the above for this friendly or keep them fresh for Albania. I'm a little concerned that it'll have been a full year since anything like Strachan's strong side from the tail end of the Russia qualifiers have been together in Scotland shirts, and I'd be tempted to go full strength to try to re-establish that momentum (if possible) sooner rather than later. Not sure fielding second choices Vs Belgium and taking a scudding will do anything for us, and I'd have some confidence in a strong side at least  giving Belgium a game.

It’s September, players are fresh and i’m sure both games will be full strength.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26/07/2018 at 13:11, woof! said:

I think you’ve been on the Playstation.

Says the guy who's wanting to chuck a central midfielder into a defensive position he's never played because he's "quick, strong and tall" :lol:

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Says the guy who's wanting to chuck a central midfielder into a defensive position he's never played because he's "quick, strong and tall" :lol:

Classic fake news. Incidentally Fraser is 5ft 3.5 in, and Docherty 5ft 8in. I never said the latter was tall. Tierney is a left back and he’s been touted for just about everywhere. Docherty is a champion 400m runner, tailor made for RWB. 

2 minutes ago, woof! said:

Classic fake news. Incidentally Fraser is 5ft 3.5 in, and Docherty 5ft 8in. I never said the latter was tall. Tierney is a left back and he’s been touted for just about everywhere. Docherty is a champion 400m runner, tailor made for RWB. 

You sound like a shite version of Pep.. 

On 28/07/2018 at 12:53, woof! said:

You're always going on about Greg Docherty. Let it go, woof!, you're never going to meet him. 

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 21:06, Chimter-boys said:

With our Nations League campaign on the horizon, what do people think our starting line up should be?? After getting a look at some of the fringe players in the Costa Rica, Hungary, Peru and Mexico games, I think the team will be smth like this: 

--Gordon-- 

Tierney--Hendry--Mulgrew--Robertson 

McTominay--Armstrong (or McGinn, depends on Stu's form for Southampton)

Forrest--McGregor--Phillips

Griffiths (or McBurnie depending on Griffiths match fitness) 

Pretty much spot on and the team I would go for, if he isn't keen on Tierney at RB then I would possibly have 3 at the back with Tierney dropping into LCB role and have either Forrest or Fraser at RWB, McTominay holding with Armstrong/McGregor/ Phillips in front and the thumb up top.

On 7/28/2018 at 16:30, woof! said:

Run along.

Is this the same Greg Docherty who is being punted out on loan from a horrendous Sevco side and yet he's touted to play for the national team....in a different position....ahead of guys who play that position....in the EPL

1 hour ago, BairneyStinson said:

Is this the same Greg Docherty who is being punted out on loan from a horrendous Sevco side and yet he's touted to play for the national team....in a different position....ahead of guys who play that position....in the EPL

I said he will go out on loan for a year to learn the position, although he’s played there before if you read the article.

1 hour ago, woof! said:

We need a RWB, we’re somewhat flush with midfielders. 

As has been pointed out to you on numerous occasions, we have a guy playing RWB for an EPL team. Your worries about his height don't hold any water.

14 hours ago, The Moonster said:

As has been pointed out to you on numerous occasions, we have a guy playing RWB for an EPL team. Your worries about his height don't hold any water.

So that’s one player. He won’t play there too often for Bournemouth. The fact that he keeps withdrawing from squads suggests he won’t play there too often for us either.  I’m not convinced 5ft 3.5 in is ideal for a defender. I’ll also wager Docherty has played more often in that position than Fraser. 

4 hours ago, woof! said:

So that’s one player. He won’t play there too often for Bournemouth. The fact that he keeps withdrawing from squads suggests he won’t play there too often for us either.  I’m not convinced 5ft 3.5 in is ideal for a defender. I’ll also wager Docherty has played more often in that position than Fraser. 

Fraser has literally played a EPL season in that position. 

Why does McTominay start. We are playing two teams in nations cup which we can afford to go and attack. McTominay wrong choice for that. He's a good defensive midfielder and should play against the better teams when we need to counter. Obviously Mr defensive McLeish will pick him; twat of a man.

Archived