Starting 11 for Belgium and Albania games

As Scots fans we all want to see our players playing first team football at their clubs and playing well,so lets have a look at the midfield.
Stuart Armstrong 2 starts for Southampton
Tom Cairney  3 starts for fulham
Kevin McDonald 3 starts for fulham
James Forrest 10 starts for Celtic
Ryan Fraser 5 starts for Bournemouth 
John McGinn 6 starts 1 for Hibs 5 for Aston Villa
Callum McGregor 12 starts for Celtic
Scott McTominay 0 starts played 14 minutes

scotland-september-15851e23a93a9970ae25562b1234172c.jpg&key=aec6173be165f06feaa2a0fed9b8f0e4d85faa16c0b2358eee0842099352c4fe

How many starts has Griffiths had this season???
Honestly don't know!!!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, forameus said:

So he plays against Belgium and looks very good, but we can't play him in the competitive game because he doesn't have enough experience?

Again you miss the broader point,Wales have qualified for a tourney Scotland haven't,if you can be progressive and qualify for a tourney then get the fecking flags oot.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Again you miss the broader point,Wales have qualified for a tourney Scotland haven't,if you can be progressive and qualify for a tourney then get the fecking flags oot.

I think you were overstating "broader" point when you seem to have no idea what your actual point is.  Are you saying that McTominay would be fine if we'd qualified for a tournament, but until then don't play him?

IMG_4150.jpg.36836fc46d97fd3e4bf5c8997550439b.jpg

Would go with this, with McTominay in front of the back three and McGregor could be changed with Armstrong or Russell!!!

8 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

IMG_4150.jpg.36836fc46d97fd3e4bf5c8997550439b.jpg

Would go with this, with McTominay in front of the back three and McGregor could be changed with Armstrong or Russell!!!

That's my team, with McGregor in for Russell. I'd also be quite tempted to put Forrest in for Fraser and enact a 'pack as many Celtic players in as possible' tactic. 

29 minutes ago, munro7 said:

Can’t believe some people are picking Forrest. He might look the part for Celtic but he’s been utterly rank every time he’s put on a Scotland shirt.

Totally agree. The away friendly against Hungary when he played off Phillips is the one passable performance I can remember him having in a Scotland jersey. Never through lack of effort to be fair to him though. 

On 06/09/2018 at 13:42, eez-eh said:

McGregor

Souttar
Mulgrew
Tierney

Fraser
McGinn
McDonald
Armstrong
Robertson

McGregor

Griffiths

Probably the strongest team if McLeish continues with 3 at the back. I've seen far worse Scotland line-ups but the lack of depth in defence would give you the fear.

10/11. Tomorrow nights lottery numbers available on request.

Can’t believe some people are picking Forrest. He might look the part for Celtic but he’s been utterly rank every time he’s put on a Scotland shirt.

About half a dozen club and international managers regard him as an essential player. I don’t see it at all, but I think it’s fair to say that the fans are probably off the mark on this one.

Archived