The Famous vs Queen of the South 4th August

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/8/2018 at 16:50, SueSue said:

I would rather draw 2 2 making plenty of chances than taking the only 2 chances you made and hanging on for a draw....

the telling stat is you better start making more chances or you will get hammered more often than not.

Good call champ. Two games for The Famous: four chances; four goals; four points. #clinical

The telling stat is that you had better stop leaking goals like a sieve and losing to clown-car outfits or you will stop Falkirk from taking their deserved punt into the seaside leagues.  

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Good call champ. Two games for The Famous: four chances; four goals; four points. #clinical

The telling stat is that you had better stop leaking goals like a sieve and losing to clown-car outfits or you will stop Falkirk from taking their deserved punt into the seaside leagues.  

Mug..... you drew at home to a side you are saying is shite..... well done.

2 0 at Alloa !!....... it’s lift off for you lot.

Enjoy your weekend off next week. 

I said that we'd improve and we already have; you're still shite though and so lost.

Enjoy slumming it at the arse end of the league until we come for a routine three points later in the campaign. 

image.jpeg.9d8c3ac0f087d2678d15bb4a730e9965.jpeg

4 hours ago, virginton said:

^^^Obsessed with QoS. 

Your last sentence is not a "stat" btw,  it's more of an observation/advice,  although to stop losing goals would obviously be a benefit. Thanks for pointing that out. 

• 1 month later...
Doyle is terrible, this is not his level, Queens fans will see this as the season goes on, very frustrating player. His passing, marking and final delivery when in advanced positions is shocking, his only plus side is that he's pretty fit and has bags of energy and will get up and down the park but he's utterly clueless with everything else.

I thought he was one of our weakest players last season, just my opinion, delighted he's been replaced.

Doyle was released for a reason, that reason being he’s a bang average RB and wasn’t good enough. Tumilty after only a few games of viewing already looks like a vast improvement, we done the right thing.

Who mentioned anything about a title challenge? 
We needed better players to push for a top 4 finish.  Doyle is decent, no one has said he isn't  but we needed better. Time will tell if Tumilty is better, but early signs are promising. 
You seem upset that us Morton fans are happy to see Doyle go? If you rate him, good for you, enjoy him!
As for your "mid table at best" comment, again time will tell. Personally don't see any reason why we can't finish top 4, we have recruited very well and the team is starting to gel.  Our injured players are mostly returning too.   It will be a very competitive  and I'm sure  you boys will also fancy a top 4 finish as will every other full time team in the league probably.

Find it very strange that  you are struggling with the concept of wanting better players than you currently have!
Why did you sign Harkins if you had "average" players already who finished an average 6th place then??

Not sure where you're getting this bizarre patter from, Doyle was an average player, we've replaced him with what looks like a better RB and have recruited players who can play in front of that position, we finished mid table last season, we want to finish top 4 this season, what do you do? You strengthing positions you feel are weak, it's not rocket science!

I don't see a reason why we CAN'T challenge tbh. Not because we're superstars or anything, but because this league looks wide open. I'd say a good few teams should be looking at it and seeing an oppertunity to mount some sort of challenge.

How’s your title challenge season going guys? Looks like you were unlucky today with your upgraded squad from last season against a bang average Ayr Utd side........mind you, we were lucky to horse them 5-0 at Palmy a few weeks ago with our bang average team whilst they were riding high at the top of the league!

Good luck Morten for the rest of the season although I’m sure you won’t need it on your journey to a certain top 4 finish!

15 hours ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

How’s your title challenge season going guys? Looks like you were unlucky today with your upgraded squad from last season against a bang average Ayr Utd side........mind you, we were lucky to horse them 5-0 at Palmy a few weeks ago with our bang average team whilst they were riding high at the top of the league!

Good luck Morten for the rest of the season although I’m sure you won’t need it on your journey to a certain top 4 finish!

How's Doyle been?  Our new full backs have been shite.

How's Doyle been?  Our new full backs have been shite.

He’s been a revelation at the back for us this season. Signed for his versatility and due to an injury to our first choice CB he has slotted into that position and formed a very good partnership with on loan Sheffield Utd player Semple. An organiser and defensively sound......just what we needed.

15 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

He’s been a revelation at the back for us this season. Signed for his versatility and due to an injury to our first choice CB he has slotted into that position and formed a very good partnership with on loan Sheffield Utd player Semple. An organiser and defensively sound......just what we needed.

^^^^ This. 

A no frills defender who keeps it simple.  As Mustafa says,  a organiser with a great work rate and not afraid to be heard.  He's picked up a few MoM nominations already which,  considering some of the higher profile players in the team,  gives a fair indication of how he has performed.  I know fans are fickle and a couple of bad performances can change views,  but up til now he's been a great signing. 

On 9/29/2018 at 17:11, Mustafa_sheet said:

Horrendous attempt, must do better.

Who mentioned anything about a certain top 4 finish??

Most fans wanted to push for a top 4 finish, just like most fans of most teams in this league!! At the moment, both Queen and Morton are a massive 2 points off that!

What exactly is your point here?

On 29/09/2018 at 17:11, Mustafa_sheet said:

Did we get relegated or something?

Archived