The Famous vs Queen of the South 4th August

1 hour ago, Pure Mental said:

As tough as relegation is, it can really lift the club if you bounce straight back up. Morton have been much better for it. QoS could do with this: they’ve been poor for years. 

You're hardly showing signs of being much better for it, 7th last season was it , whilst poor wee Queens managed to finish above you.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This pretty much. I was more or less bang in line with it and I remember saying at the time that whilst I wouldn't blame Martin for it at all if he'd got nowhere near it, I thought he'd be disappointed to have put a hand on it and then not actually kept it out. I think you maybe had to be there to appreciate the sheer power the guy struck it with. He hit it surprisingly early and with real venom. It was one that the keeper might have made a really good save from but I wouldn't have blamed him for not saving it.

Certainly at the time I was more annoyed about the cheap loss of possession and the untracked run than I was about Martin's role in it. But he did hit it from outside the box and it was within arm's reach. Could have done better but not the main problem for me.

It looks to me that rather than just perform the simple task of stopping the eminently saveable shot with his hands, he's instead tried to do some unnecessary swipey thing with his arm and made an arse of it.

16 hours ago, SueSue said:

the telling stat is you better start making more chances or you will get hammered more often than not.

Just as well then that our best forward is already back in training and ready to make his season debut in a couple of weeks time; thanks for your concern though. An opportunity well and truly missed from the Borders' bumpkins. 

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Just as well then that our best forward is already back in training and ready to make his season debut in a couple of weeks time; thanks for your concern though. An opportunity well and truly missed from the Borders' bumpkins. 

Apologies if Im wrong but I take it you are referring to Denny Johnstone. Considering he had just rejoined the club and hasn't kicked a ball in earnest since signing you can only assume that he will improve the chances created/scored,  there is no guarantee.  He may have a stinker of  a season (doesn't seem to have impressed too much at other clubs he's been at) OR,  as you hope,  he may be on fire.  Time will tell as they say.  Oh and btw expressing an opinion is hardly showing concern. 

29 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Apologies if Im wrong but I take it you are referring to Denny Johnstone. Considering he had just rejoined the club and hasn't kicked a ball in earnest since signing you can only assume that he will improve the chances created/scored,  there is no guarantee.  He may have a stinker of  a season (doesn't seem to have impressed too much at other clubs he's been at) OR,  as you hope,  he may be on fire.  Time will tell as they say.  Oh and btw expressing an opinion is hardly showing concern. 

You forgot to add that Dumfries isn't in the Borders.

34 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

You forgot to add that Dumfries isn't in the Borders.

It's not,  but I regard it as a border (lower case b) town.  Calling it a border town doesn't bother me and saying we are in the Borders only irks me slightly,  more for the pettiness of those saying it.  Happy to help. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Apologies if Im wrong but I take it you are referring to Denny Johnstone. Considering he had just rejoined the club and hasn't kicked a ball in earnest since signing you can only assume that he will improve the chances created/scored,  there is no guarantee. 

There is a cast-iron guarantee that Denny Johnstone will lead to more chances created and scored than Bob McHugh. You'd have to be an absolute moron incapable of grasping how footbasll works to dispute that. And yet here we are. 

Oh and btw expressing an opinion is hardly showing concern. 

Erm no - telling us that we'd 'better start making more chances' is in fact advice, not an opinion. Advice that has been safely filed in the bin where it belongs. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

48 minutes ago, virginton said:

There is a cast-iron guarantee that Denny Johnstone will lead to more chances created and scored than Bob McHugh. You'd have to be an absolute moron incapable of grasping how footbasll works to dispute that. And yet here we are. 

Erm no - telling us that we'd 'better start making more chances' is in fact advice, not an opinion. Advice that has been safely filed in the bin where it belongs. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

You're barking if you think there is such a thing as a cast-iron guarantee that any player can improve on what is already happening,   especially one coming back from injury and who hasn't kicked a competitive ball yet. You can refer to his past performances,  past scoring/assists record  with the club and what you expect/hope to happen when he does play but no way can it be guaranteed.  If he scores 1 more goal than Bob McHugh you can say he has a better record,   but at this time it's pure speculation. FWIW I think Johnstone will do a job but it's definitely not guaranteed. 

On 8/9/2018 at 12:40, Fae_the_'briggs said:

You're barking if you think there is such a thing as a cast-iron guarantee that any player can improve on what is already happening,   especially one coming back from injury and who hasn't kicked a competitive ball yet. You can refer to his past performances,  past scoring/assists record  with the club and what you expect/hope to happen when he does play but no way can it be guaranteed.  If he scores 1 more goal than Bob McHugh you can say he has a better record,   but at this time it's pure speculation. FWIW I think Johnstone will do a job but it's definitely not guaranteed. 

lol wut

If Morton were to sign Lionel Messi tomorrow then I think you'd find the improvement of the team's performance to be guaranteed, not 'pure speculation' champ. The same principle applies to any massive upgrade in what the team can put on the park - such as replacing Bob McHugh with a forward who isn't an absolute fucking donkey.   

25 minutes ago, virginton said:

lol wut

If Morton were to sign Lionel Messi tomorrow then I think you'd find the improvment of the team's performance to be guaranteed, not 'pure speculation' champ. The same principle applies to any massive upgrade in what the team can put on the park - such as replacing Bob McHugh with a forward who isn't an absolute fucking donkey.   

Not if he then died.

5 hours ago, virginton said:

lol wut

If Morton were to sign Lionel Messi tomorrow then I think you'd find the improvment of the team's performance to be guaranteed, not 'pure speculation' champ. The same principle applies to any massive upgrade in what the team can put on the park - such as replacing Bob McHugh with a forward who isn't an absolute fucking donkey.   

Only time will tell if Johnstone lives up to your expectations,  I'm sure he will but it obviously can't be guaranteed until he actually plays and results improve because of his input. 

15 hours ago, Pure Mental said:

QoS fans aren’t taking this well. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing how raging they are when they actually go down.

We were 2 goals down,  we got it back to 2 -  2, happy with an away point under those circumstances.  The next game is coming up,  last week's is now consigned to history. Until we meet again,  look after yourself,  or get someone to look after you. 

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

We were 2 goals down,  we got it back to 2 -  2, happy with an away point under those circumstances.  The next game is coming up,  last week's is now consigned to history. Until we meet again,  look after yourself,  or get someone to look after you. 

How did the next game pan out for you? :lol: #relegation

Archived