The Famous vs Queen of the South 4th August

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Dont think it was wider. Lines were close to the edge of the grass last season. Not sure what the faded line inside yesterdays lines was about?

The pitch was back to normal yesterday size wise it had been brung in slightly to allow the pitch to get the time it needed to get up to speed.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, weeredbook said:

I also noticed Naismith not being too complimentary about the playing surface .

Gary, its grass.

I noticed he thought the grass seemed a bit long,  probably trying to excuse Semple's short pass to Marshall. Say what you like about Cappielow but the playing surface is definitely not something you can complain about.  Same for both teams as they say.  I remember when Palmerston used to have such a good surface back in the day. 

And it's Naysmith, with a y.  

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I noticed he thought the grass seemed a bit long,  probably trying to excuse Semple's short pass to Marshall. Say what you like about Cappielow but the playing surface is definitely not something you can complain about.  Same for both teams as they say.  I remember when Palmerston used to have such a good surface back in the day. 

I noticed that the grass was longer than usual and the pitch was quite bumpy. Definitely not in as good condition as in previous seasons.

42 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

I noticed that the grass was longer than usual and the pitch was quite bumpy. Definitely not in as good condition as in previous seasons.

Sneaky McKinnon tactics trying to nullify the skills of The Dobmeister imo. 

On a serious note, I would like to know if Dobbie likes our pitch. I often think he seems to get the ball stuck in his feet when he tries a quick cut inside. I wonder if it has anything to do with our surface.

On 05/08/2018 at 00:51, Paul Cicero said:

Lol scum bottled it again lmao ho ho ho

Really? I was sure when I read Saturday's results that you'd sneaked a win against one of the other potential bottom two contenders.......

Draw probabaly the fair result on Sat for both teams, we looked very tired towards the end and got sloppy. Plus marks to Millar, Tidser and Scully for that double save alone, outstanding. It was a pretty rubbish performance from McAlister, game seemed to just pass him by, hardly remember him touching the ball, Millar and Tidser look like a great combo in the middle. Fair play to Queens, excellent comeback from 2-0 down and probably unlucky not to go on and win it.

Roll on next week, would start Bell up top instead of McHugh who is utterly horrendous, apart from that keep it the same.

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Fae_the_ said:

On a serious note, I would like to know if Dobbie likes our pitch. I often think he seems to get the ball stuck in his feet when he tries a quick cut inside. I wonder if it has anything to do with our surface.

You would think that the surface would suit a player with good close control as he has.  If the ball is on the deck there should be little problem,  it's when it is played in the air that the bounce may be a bit unpredictable. I know we have players of a certain ability but you would think they would know to try and take a ball before it bounces if they are wary of the surface. 

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It was a bit long.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

You would think that the surface would suit a player with good close control as he has.  If the ball is on the deck there should be little problem,  it's when it is played in the air that the bounce may be a bit unpredictable. I know we have players of a certain ability but you would think they would know to try and take a ball before it bounces if they are wary of the surface. 

I've always known astroturf pitches to give more consistency to the bounce, not less.

As for our pitch, the quality of the surface has definitely dropped as it has seen more use over the last few seasons. Having the Celtic youth matches, Development Squad matches and Community events on it is simply too much.

That aside, plenty of positives. I don’t think we’ll be as low down the table as QoS. They relied on our mistakes to get anything from the game. Very poor side front and back. They’ll be hoping Ayr’s purple patch finishes soon or they’ll be left on their own to toil with Alloa IMHO.
Roll on next week. Stuff to work on but performance wise a very encouraging start.

The highlights make these comments look even more idiotic.

I counted 5 really good chances outwith our goals. Can't recall any other Morton chances other than their goals. Poor that we never took any more than 2 out of 7 and had we scored before going behind we might have taken all 3 points.

I'm pleased we created plenty of really good chances. I'd be more concerned if we weren't. With Dobbie in the side I'm sure we'll have games where we won't be so wasteful.

Archived