The Famous vs Queen of the South 4th August

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played really good stuff - at times.

Defensivly, an absolute horror show in the middle. A decent team would’ve went in at the break ahead. 

The game for me, passed McAlister completely by. Where was he most of the game? When actually called upon, he should’ve prevented the equaliser: if he’s just kept running he’d of held up Harkins and that would never have happened.

That aside, plenty of positives. I don’t think we’ll be as low down the table as QoS. They relied on our mistakes to get anything from the game. Very poor side front and back. They’ll be hoping Ayr’s purple patch finishes soon or they’ll be left on their own to toil with Alloa IMHO.

Roll on next week. Stuff to work on but performance wise a very encouraging start.

Are you kidding me. Morton defence a joke and 2 strikes on target. On another day you would have been done 3 or 4 nil !!!

and you are excited for the season. Ffs your easy pleased pal.....

QOTS will go home wondering how they didn’t win that. 

10 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I suspect it will be fine. We have Waddell to come in for Kilday and Johnstone for McHugh. We'll win games like that one today no bother.

Hopefully. Early doors, so I'm pessimistic a wee bit too soon.

1 minute ago, IainMorton said:

That’s a sore one considering we were 2-0 up and cruising. Plenty of positives though, cut out the mistakes at the back and we will be fine.

Cut out a player at the back you mean.

Also up top. We got ourselves 2 up without a centre forward in the game. The spine of the team will be infinitely better with Denny back as well.

1 minute ago, SueSue said:

Are you kidding me. Morton defence a joke and 2 strikes on target. On another day you would have been done 3 or 4 nil !!!

Get over it Duffy - you were sh*t

1 minute ago, SueSue said:

Aye now imagine we had more shots on target. Some strike rate.

8 minutes ago, SueSue said:

So we scored with our only two shots on goal but another day we would have lost 3/4-0? Please explain your thinking behind that one.

Lots of positives today. Fullbacks got forward well, midfield was hard working and creative.Thought we played very well in patches although we tired near the end especially the midfield. Scully made 2 sensational saves and was also unlucky with Queens second. 2 great finished for our goals especially tidser's. 1st queen's goal was poor marking and we gave Harkins far too much room for the second. In the end we managed to cling on and were lucky to get a point. Overall I'd say a point each was fair. 
Central defence and up front are our problem areas. See kilday is taking some stick but I think Buchanan was the poorer of the 2. We also offered very little upfront. Ideally McHugh needs to go and we can bring in another option.

31 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Lots of positives today. Fullbacks got forward well, midfield was hard working and creative.Thought we played very well in patches although we tired near the end especially the midfield. Scully made 2 sensational saves and was also unlucky with Queens second. 2 great finished for our goals especially tidser's. 1st queen's goal was poor marking and we gave Harkins far too much room for the second. In the end we managed to cling on and were lucky to get a point. Overall I'd say a point each was fair. 
Central defence and up front are our problem areas. See kilday is taking some stick but I think Buchanan was the poorer of the 2. We also offered very little upfront. Ideally McHugh needs to go and we can bring in another option.

Personally thought the full backs were every bit as bad as the centre backs today...

On that showing I'd have Mikey Doyle ahead of Tumilty and Iredale ahead of McKeown.

43 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Aye now imagine we had more shots on target. Some strike rate.

36 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

So we scored with our only two shots on goal but another day we would have lost 3/4-0? Please explain your thinking behind that one.

My only thinking is 100% strike rate is excellent. Probs will never happen again.

with that in mind ..... to produce that strike rate and still not win is a  worry. 3 shots of which 2 were goals is poor.

QOTS should have scored more. Your keeper was top drawer. Maybe even MOM.

all I am saying is you have not created enough chances, your defence was all over the place and like a few of your own supporters have said I think you were slightly fortunate to get a point.

i think Morton will improve but so will QOTS. 

8 minutes ago, #Gary said:

Personally thought the full backs were every bit as bad as the centre backs today...

On that showing I'd have Mikey Doyle ahead of Tumilty and Iredale ahead of McKeown.

Doyle ahead of Tumilty. Haha.

That aside, plenty of positives. I don’t think we’ll be as low down the table as QoS. They relied on our mistakes to get anything from the game. Very poor side front and back. They’ll be hoping Ayr’s purple patch finishes soon or they’ll be left on their own to toil with Alloa IMHO.

[emoji38]

15 minutes ago, #Gary said:

I thought the fullbacks were good going forward and comfortable defensively. Couple of shaky moments but the centre of defence was more of a worry.

Archived