The Famous vs Queen of the South 4th August

Will go for a 1-1 draw. As has been said many times our first 11 can compete but that bench will not be good enough to change games. Surprised we didnt get at least one more player in before todays game.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Another pre match interview with Naysmith in the papers today and he doesn't mention his own team once, talking about Morton rebuilding squad,  hard game,  etc. He seems more interested in talking about the opposition.  A bit of positivity,  talking about what WE are hoping for,  talking about OUR players surely isn't too much to ask from OUR Manager.  Let Morton talk about themselves.  

He can only answer the questions he is asked, perhaps the interviewer only asked him questions relating to Morton?

There is an excellent season preview in yesterday's Standard if you want to read the manager's thoughts on OUR campaign.

Outside of a 4 4 2 formation the only other formation that is realistic is 3 5 2.

Doyle fordyce semple
Stirling jacobs harkins todd marshall
Dykes dobbie.

Without possession you set up defensively strong and with possession there is width on offer with lots of options for harkins and dobbie to use.

4 2 3 1 doesnt suit us at this time for me.

I like the look of your line up - it gets our best 11 players on the pitch in a formation that gives a good chance of creating chances and scoring goals.

Stirling in RM will need cover from Doyle but as a natural RB he will probably be looking right in any event. In my opinion it is essential for us to have two up front as we don't have a natural lone striker.

1 minute ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I like the look of your line up - it gets our best 11 players on the pitch in a formation that gives a good chance of creating chances and scoring goals.

Stirling in RM will need cover from Doyle but as a natural RB he will probably be looking right in any event. In my opinion it is essential for us to have two up front as we don't have a natural lone striker.

I`d rather play 442 with those 11 players. It`s a simple game.  Play 2 full backs at full back (Doyle and Marshall) and get the benefits going forward of 2 talented wide players (Stirling and Todd) but with proper defensive cover behind them. I suspect the above formation would default to 442 anyway given Marshall will defend and Stirling won`t. Totally agree we need 2 up front.

He can only answer the questions he is asked, perhaps the interviewer only asked him questions relating to Morton?
There is an excellent season preview in yesterday's Standard if you want to read the manager's thoughts on OUR campaign.

Actually that’s not true. Anyone knows you answer the question that should have been asked.

2 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

I read the Standard piece but I'm talking about pushing the club on a national level. I'm sure the Standard circulation is dropping so he may not be getting to so big an audience.  If he was only asked Morton related questions he should be experienced enough to spin it to at least try and mention Queens and their chances or simply say he is not itk enough about Morton to comment. If he was only asked about Morton it is poor journalism also not including both teams. I have read several of his pre and after match reports and he very often talks more about the opponents than his own team. 

Bob McHugh is the most ineffective striker. Isn't tall or strong so you think he must at least be quick. He is not.

If we'd a good centre forward this would be a formidable team I think.

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Bob McHugh is the most ineffective striker. Isn't tall or strong so you think he must at least be quick. He is not.

If we'd a good centre forward this would be a formidable team I think.

Johnstone has to be fit soon.

Our only effort on target has been a strong pass back by Harkins.

Started well but Queens have gradually taken control. Loads of effort in the team but nothing up front. A ridiculous double save from Scully means we are still level.

Archived