The Famous vs Queen of the South 4th August

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Find it very strange that  you are struggling with the concept of wanting better players than you currently have!
Why did you sign Harkins if you had "average" players already who finished an average 6th place then??
Rankin wasn't average.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 minutes ago, madton said:
Find it very strange that  you are struggling with the concept of wanting better players than you currently have!
Why did you sign Harkins if you had "average" players already who finished an average 6th place then??

Rankin wasn't average.

I'll give you that one!

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
25 minutes ago, madton said:

Rankin wasn't average.

That’s probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said about Rankin.

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

In a league of 10 I'd say an average finish is between 4th and 7th. If an average player isn't good enough then it would suggest you'd be looking for a top 3 finish which is arguably title challenge territory.

I couldn't care if Morton fans said Doyle was the worst player in their entire history. The same way Morton fans wouldn't care if we slated McHugh or Oliver.

What I've took issue with is the comment that average isn't good enough. I find it bizarre more than anything.

Not sure where you're getting this bizarre patter from, Doyle was an average player, we've replaced him with what looks like a better RB and have recruited players who can play in front of that position, we finished mid table last season, we want to finish top 4 this season, what do you do? You strengthing positions you feel are weak, it's not rocket science!

Not sure where you're getting this bizarre patter from, Doyle was an average player, we've replaced him with what looks like a better RB and have recruited players who can play in front of that position, we finished mid table last season, we want to finish top 4 this season, what do you do? You strengthing positions you feel are weak, it's not rocket science!

So an average player has now become a weak player?

11 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

Without splitting hairs around a player being weak or average there isn`t much to disagree with in what you say.  As I think you have acknowledged it remains to be seen if your new RB is better than Doyle but I`d hope every team would be looking to improve bit by bit. Mind you ICT have signed Shaun Rooney. That would suggest their RB last season must have been truly awful :lol:. I`ll be amazed if Doyle doesn`t prove to be an upgrade on Rooney (presuming we actually play Doyle at RB of course)

I don't see a reason why we CAN'T challenge tbh. Not because we're superstars or anything, but because this league looks wide open. I'd say a good few teams should be looking at it and seeing an oppertunity to mount some sort of challenge.

Gaston;

Tumilty, Buchanan, Waddell, Iredale;

McAllister, Millar, Tidser;

McLean, Bell, Telfer.

Hopefully this is the team. I know Waddell isn’t match fit yet but the only way he’ll get that is by playing games not sitting on the bench.

Liked the look of Bell at the weekend took his goal well and made the right runs, would definitely prefer him over McHugh.

I don't see a reason why we CAN'T challenge tbh. Not because we're superstars or anything, but because this league looks wide open. I'd say a good few teams should be looking at it and seeing an oppertunity to mount some sort of challenge.
If Ross County aren't ahead by January they'll be able to bring in better players. Not sure many of us would be able to compete with them financially.

Depends how good the aquisitions they make are though. If you bring in a lot of shite, it won't really make much difference, and they don't look that great to me at the moment. They look like one of the many teams who could push.

51 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Without splitting hairs around a player being weak or average there isn`t much to disagree with in what you say.  As I think you have acknowledged it remains to be seen if your new RB is better than Doyle but I`d hope every team would be looking to improve bit by bit. Mind you ICT have signed Shaun Rooney. That would suggest their RB last season must have been truly awful :lol:. I`ll be amazed if Doyle doesn`t prove to be an upgrade on Rooney (presuming we actually play Doyle at RB of course)

To be fair they had David Raven for half the season who was as good as any right back at this level but far, far too costly, which is why he's no longer there. Not sure what they did for the rest of the season, did they play an out of position winger or centre back?

Rooney is an interesting one. He's an absolute beast physically, and he's excellent on the ball, but a liability positionally and in decision making. There's a player to be had if you can only teach him to play the position. Robertson is the latest to think he can. Time will tell. Rooney reminds me a lot of Sandy Hodge who was a similar big beast we had at left back back in the day. We had high hopes for him too but he ultimately went nowhere.

Many Queens fans do you think will make the trip up?
Hoping we can muster at least 2000
Not sure really. We took just under 450 to Motherwell last week but then that was a Prem side and an easier destination. Given our good start amd it being the first game of the season then hopefully we break 300. It's The Dumfries Show on Saturday though so that could effect the number as well.

Archived