The Famous vs Queen of the South 4th August

Season opener.  As impressed as I've been with McKinnon's squad building, our injuries have really restricted us and if Denny Johnstone has another setback or doesn't recover as quickly as expected then we could be right up against it at the start of the season.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jan mosniack said:

A wee  bit concerned at the uncharacteristic optimism shown by some of the queens fans.

Four posts before yours from Queens fans, 2 sounding rather optimistic and 2 being non-committal,  hardly a wide range of opinion to form a view of over-optimism.  I will side with 19QOS19 that it's too early to think about this game. 

Hoping we'll have a couple of decent signings before this game and the way McKinnon has been speaking we will. Still very poor upfront with McHugh as our only striker option. Quite happy with the defence and midfield. Hope Queen's don't get the Harkins we had :lol: 

Hoping we'll have a couple of decent signings before this game and the way McKinnon has been speaking we will. Still very poor upfront with McHugh as our only striker option. Quite happy with the defence and midfield. Hope Queen's don't get the Harkins we had :lol: 

Think were also hoping for a few additions in loan department before the game, quite settled with the 11, if anything a right winger for Stirling but he’s done okay so far. Don’t think we can really judge where we are until after a tough test like tonight’s game

2 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Who the f**k are the famous? 

2 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

You'll not believe the answer to that.

28 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

It's a genuine question. The only club I know with that daft nickname is the long-since-no-longer-famous Aberdeen. 

It is, like you say, an embarrassing nickname, coined I believe by one of the "daft boy" element of our support a couple of years back and unfortunately a few others have since started using it. 

Maybe some use it ironically, it's hard to tell online, but it makes me cringe every time I see it.

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:24, Scosha said:

At the Motherwell game last night.

Harkins caught in possession a few times. Maybe he will do better in championship, but looked in good shape.

Not on freekick duty Doobie feels he is God, not sure Harkins would have stuck QOS's sole opportunity so far over the bar, hope he keeps the mantle  

On 25/07/2018 at 14:34, Paisley Ton said:

At the Motherwell game last night.

Harkins caught in possession a few times. Maybe he will do better in championship, but looked in good shape.

Not on freekick duty Doobie feels he is God, not sure Harkins would have stuck QOS's sole opportunity so far over the bar, hope he keeps the mantle  

Dobbie is usually free-kick taker from chances around that area so no reason he shouldn't carry on now Harkins is here.  It was a bad effort V Motherwell but I'm sure Harkins has skied a few in his time also.  No bad thing we have two players confident at free-kicks.

We are really struggling with injuries at the moment, 7 out for tomorrow and only 1 fit centre half so if that situation doesnt improve, could be a long afternoon for us next Saturday.

Archived