Inverness Independence March

SandyCromarty

9 minutes ago, sophia said:

I mused as I was posting and thought it must be time for actors to become involved in these positive events.

Such actions, inevitable I suppose, will allow the likes of the BBC and the Sunday Herald to present balanced output.

Juxtiposed with the staunch gargoyles attached above, Sandy Cromarty is the girl in George Square with her Saltire

Supposedly this loonball and his cohorts are supported by the progressive Orange Order. The Herald done a lovely crop shot to make it look as though they had a mass of support in Glasgow (50-60 at a push) who were generally laughed at. He also seems as though he is a mammies boy as he takes his mother along for a wee day out. One of his gang of right wing thugs booted a pregnant lass in the run up to Indy Ref....Such folk are scum and it's time the media highlighted their nefarious activities. But they wont.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was really good. Everyone was chilled out and happy. Lots of noise just past the Gellons where the Union Jack lot were doing their best to rile people up, but a laugh, a smile and a wave later we'd passed them.

We got really lucky with the weather too, from a dreich start it was perfect.

Great turnout too :-)

10/10 would march again.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Fair enough but their photos suggest about 50 people.

Take a look at the headline. And "The All Under One Banner march, one of a series being held across Scotland, is one of the largest to be held in the Highland capital in recent years."

Fair enough but their photos suggest about 50 people.

You must be a bit thick if you think that first photo only shows ‘about 50 people’. Instead I’d suggest that you are absolutely desperate to find fault in every single thing the BBC reports about Scotland or independence. Chill out.

4 hours ago, Mastermind said:

Instead I’d suggest that you are absolutely desperate to find fault in every single thing the BBC reports about Scotland or independence. 

Well,

Maybe there is a reason for that,

My theory is that BBC Scotland are truly scum.

On 29/07/2018 at 10:01, Stinky Bone said:

I will not comment on your intellectual abilities and I have not seen the photos.

This week the uk supreme court were debating the Scotland brexit bill.  Something as important as this to Scotland should have been on the main news.  It wasn't. 

But it is ok, chill out.

The European Structural and Investments fund which is worth £1billion to Scotland to help against poverty and the environment will be going into westminsters hands.

But it is ok, chill out.

The vote leave campaign has been exposed as a sham, breaking an agreement not to campaign after the death of Jo Cox, but still continuing with their political views dishonourably.

But it is ok, chill out. 

The broken promises made from the so called vow, including work  for new naval ships in the Clyde, and that guy who calls on the Scottish Government to help out a factory that his party directly destroyed.

But it is ok, chill out.

laughable

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

I tend to side with McKinnon here. Saying that he was acting out of jealousy is a bit lame and childish, especially as they admit he was the one actually paying the bills.

Not really related to this news story, but I did see the AUOB Inverness Twitter page saying they were running a bus to a march somewhere (Dundee I think).  Surely a fairly sizeable number of these marches are at every rally, so that loses it's legitimacy to some degree.

Also, considering the AUOB Facebook page actively refers to it's marchers as 'freedom fighters' and it's opponents as 'unionist cowards', it represents what the independence movement exactly shouldn't be about.

If we are using this thread as the generic demonstration thread then Tommy Sheridan and his Hope Over Fear lot are having a rally in George Square on Saturday. Apparently Braveheart will be shown on a big screen.

Archived