Inverness Independence March

SandyCromarty

The All Under One Banner Inverness Independence March is on this coming Saturday the 28th,  participants will gather  at 1230 in the Northern Meeting park and will leave the park at 1330.

The route will be Ardross Street, Ardross Terrace, Ness Walk, Ness Bridge, Bridge Street, Castle Street, Culduthel Road, Balloan Road ending at Castle Heather Park where the will be a rally with speakers and musicians.

As the All Under One Banner name suggests this is a non political march for independence and all are welcome regardless of their politics. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive me, but what's the point of this march? Would time not be better spent pushing the case for independence by talking to folk in the street rather than hanging around with folk who already support an independent Scotland?

10 minutes ago, RiG said:

Forgive me, but what's the point of this march? Would time not be better spent pushing the case for independence by talking to folk in the street rather than hanging around with folk who already support an independent Scotland?

Energising the base.

12 minutes ago, RiG said:

Inverness people are very gregarious, Rig and I note that the organisers have cleverly selected a route that goes past several excellent pubs.

:)

27 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'd rather people went on marches than tried to talk to me in the street about anything, politics included.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

The clear point is that it is titled and organised as All Under One Banner and has no affiliation to any political party nor any publicity seeking so called celebrities but represents many ordinary Scots who see independence as our given right to wholly govern ourselves, at the weekend I was informed that over 5,000 are committed to the Inverness March so far, there have been similar marches of  this amount of people and more marching through Scotland's streets this year and surely you can agree that this does have a far greater impact than talking to a few people on any Scottish High Street on a wet saturday.

Obviously many will not agree with this but that is their Democratic right just as it is our's to March for what we believe in.

BTW the March will be totally ignored by the BBC as it usually is being a Westminster government tool, it may  also surprise some to see the chaps on the pavements with good cameras taking photo's and video's of the organisers.

I'm sure The_Kincardine, RedRob72, philyerboots/TCK and their ilk will be delighted to know that they're welcome to come along if they do so please.

Aye it’s tempting, especially if a wee tour of Inverness’s finest hostelries is core to the plan, but I think I’ll sit this one out thanks.

Some are fooled by just about the only arguments against ..... but but but, it's slightly annoying and that it's futile to speak up.

I'm bored with the acceptance of versions of lairdism that we've endured for far too long in the highlands.... eat your porridge.

A big turnout will be, at the very least, a reminder that times are changing.

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Hopefully there might be a follow up march for those who would like to see a government re-think on Brexit.

Maybe with a different route taking in different pubs?

I think if the march doesn't go to the pubs we want, we should hold a third march.  

25 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I think if the march doesn't go to the pubs we want, we should hold a third march.  

By my calculations it will be going past the Glenalbyn, Johnny Foxes, Gellions, the Caledonian, Number 27 and the Castle Tavern.

That's a reasonable start.

30 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

These marches and many of the marchers make me want to vote No!  

In the face of unprecedented wreckage from London and given the incompetent Labour and Liberal opposition, no prospect of any reasonable political settlement any time soon, a wee march with some positive participants make you want to vote incoherently?

Ach well, you've got it.

This is your "look at me" moment.

Archived