3 year old seriously injured in acid attack

Just that it sounds like they were targeting a particular family. If it was a random racially motivated attack why do it in Homebase with CCTV everywhere?

What does race have to do with it being done in a home base with CCTV around though? All that suggests is that it wasn’t a random attack, it could easily be racially motivated.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, throbber said:

What does race have to do with it being done in a home base with CCTV around though? All that suggests is that it wasn’t a random attack, it could easily be racially motivated.

Except there's nothing to indicate that it was. Just seems a strange assumption to make.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Home Bargains, m8.

World of difference.

Except there's nothing to indicate that it was. Just seems a strange assumption to make.

Was it not assumed to be racially motivated as there was an EDL protest going on about the building of a new mosque in the area at the time of the attack?

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

Was it not assumed to be racially motivated as there was an EDL protest going on about the building of a new mosque in the area at the time of the attack?

Only by the OP. The attack was in a retail park far away from the EDL protest.

34 minutes ago, throbber said:

It could have been a racist attack with the victim selected at random.

30 minutes ago, supermik said:

Personally I think that the cop that stands at the door of Home Bargains could have done better!

I agree. The only way to stop these acid attacks in the future is to arm these security guards with acid.  Nobody's going to try and throw acid at someone who also has acid to throw.

33 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I agree. The only way to stop these acid attacks in the future is to arm these security guards with acid.  Nobody's going to try and throw acid at someone who also has acid to throw.

The only way to stop a bad guy with acid is a good guy with acid. 

2 hours ago, supermik said:

Personally I think that the cop that stands at the door of Home Bargains could have done better!

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think the Home Bargains door cop has a squirty function. Certainly never seen it used yet.

9 hours ago, throbber said:

What kind of acid get used in these attacks? I have bought brick acid from B&Q a few times and it dissolves mortar stains off windows, spirit levels etc. You can use it on a level that is totally caked in mortar and it will burn all that off in seconds and make it look brand new, I can imagine it being pretty devastating if it came into contact with skin but it never crossed my mind to throw it over anyone to find out first hand.

A plumber who was doing stuff in my house recently said that the high strength drain cleaner he usually used wasn't going to be made any more because it was being used in acid attacks.

A plumber who was doing stuff in my house recently said that the high strength drain cleaner he usually used wasn't going to be made any more because it was being used in acid attacks.

It will be strong and devastating on the skin and eyes that stuff but nothing like what was used on some acid attack victims could including Katie Piper, pretty sure it was sulphuric acid she had thrown over her.

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

It will be strong and devastating on the skin and eyes that stuff but nothing like what was used on some acid attack victims could including Katie Piper, pretty sure it was sulphuric acid she had thrown over her.

I've bought high strength sulphuric acid before for clearing drains. The effect is dramatic, bubbles and steam erupting, stood well back. Effective though.

Archived