Most Iconic Concert of All Time(single band)

John Lambies Doos

The three gigs I’ve personally been to that are in the ‘iconic’ bracket are Bruce Springsteen on Broadway, Led Zeppelin at Knebworth in 1979, and Ozzy Osbourne’s first gig with his new band after leaving Sabbath, Blizzard of Oz, at the Apollo.

General gigs that I would deem iconic are Live Aid, Woodstock, the one where Dylan went electric, The Beatles appearing in the Cavern, and at Shea Stadium, Oasis being ‘discovered’ in King Tuts, Simon & Garfunkel in Central Park, the Band’s ‘Last Waltz’, Led Zeppelin filming ‘The Song Remains the Same’ at Madison Square Garden, and Pink Floyd at Pompei.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Pampered Adolescent

Screen on the Green, Islington, 29th August, 1976: Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Buzzcocks all on the same bill.

I randomly walked past the venue about a year ago, and thought to myself; 'this place is famous', then googled it. Three of the most influential bands on the same stage in one evening. Which modern day triumvirate may come remotely close?

Cheers

PA

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 21:22, pozbaird said:

The three gigs I’ve personally been to that are in the ‘iconic’ bracket are Bruce Springsteen on Broadway, Led Zeppelin at Knebworth in 1979, and Ozzy Osbourne’s first gig with his new band after leaving Sabbath, Blizzard of Oz, at the Apollo.

General gigs that I would deem iconic are Live Aid, Woodstock, the one where Dylan went electric, The Beatles appearing in the Cavern, and at Shea Stadium, Oasis being ‘discovered’ in King Tuts, Simon & Garfunkel in Central Park, the Band’s ‘Last Waltz’, Led Zeppelin filming ‘The Song Remains the Same’ at Madison Square Garden, and Pink Floyd at Pompei.

I remember Ozzy appeared to be shaking with fear when the curtain went up but he quickly got into his stride and put on a great show.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't laugh..... Genesis doing "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" with Peter Gabriel at his incredible best. Mid 70s. Those days, bands came on and played their tunes and there was no show. And here was Gabriel putting on this incredible performance...light show, costumes...all that stuff that just wasn't done then.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived