Most Iconic Concert of All Time(single band)

John Lambies Doos

ACDC at River Plate, Argentina. 4th December 2009. 

Remember pre-drinking in some mad Communist-themed bar in Malia next to hotel we were staying in. Guy who ran it was absolutely nuts and just had ACDC videos on repeat and this came on...ever since then I have loved this band! Concert looks absolutely incredible. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 04:32, scotfree said:

The Who - Live At Leeds

Would say maybe Isle of White tops that for iconic but a good shout

For me it's Queen at Live Aid...everyone has seen pictures/video or heard audio from the concert...even Freddie's stage outfit from that show is more iconic than some of the concerts mentioned here.

Beatles at Shea stadium a close 2nd

On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 11:32, 8MileBU said:

Pink Floyd playing Venice in 1989 is pretty iconic, if only for its unique/unusual setting.

IMG_6988.jpg
IMG_6987.jpgIMG_6986.jpg

Live at Pompeii was better, and there were no fans.

Remember pre-drinking in some mad Communist-themed bar in Malia next to hotel we were staying in. Guy who ran it was absolutely nuts and just had ACDC videos on repeat and this came on...ever since then I have loved this band! Concert looks absolutely incredible. 

The Argies are absolutely mental. Looks like place is going to fall down

On 7/24/2018 at 21:22, AberdeenHibee said:

Crowd is indeed insane but prefer Live at Donnington 91 as Brian can still hit the notes.

I prefer Maiden rock in rio to Live after death aswell. Bruce's vocals all over the place on LAD.

Goosebumps 

On 7/22/2018 at 04:16, Shotgun said:

The Beatles, Shea Stadium, 1965.

This......

On 7/22/2018 at 21:33, Puffinmuncher said:

Surely this has to be in with a shout?

LastWaltzMoviePoster.jpg.a9814d49b6fe7c5ccf25d5ae9f0c4228.jpg

.....with honorable mentions to this and them below.....

Dylan at Newport.jpg

Stop Making Sense.jpg

Probably Dylan going electric at Newport. That was a game changer. You could also add Altamont in there and The Beatles at Shea Stadium.

The Last Waltz doesnt count because although it was primarily The Band's finale, there were so many other people involved that it wasnt really just a Band show.

Nirvana Unplugged is also iconic, but Alice In Chains Unplugged is marginally the better set.

On 03/08/2018 at 14:52, Sonsrock said:

That’s uncanny. I had long hair in those days and wore a dark blue Status Quo tour jacket

Yeah, thought it was you :P

I had my jacket nicked years ago at a Slayer gig - I reported it and was asked to describe the thief: Long hair, Slayer T-shirt ... carrying a programme !!

In recent metal history Slipknot at Download in 2009 must have been amazing to see in the flesh.  I watched it on their official stream and spent the whole thing wishing I was there.

They played ‘Sulphur’ in their set right after the video you’ve posted above. That fucking satanic riff at the start... [emoji7][emoji83][emoji869][emoji869]

Archived