Pricing woes

jimbaxters

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Honestly, you can watch Inter or AC Milan for a tenner.

You cant - you can if you are local to Milan but its going to cost you the best part of £100 to get to Milan ;)

I saw Premier League team Livingston today for £10 , club in the higher echelons of thema charge different prices for these cup games. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Gimme said:
21 minutes ago, Menzel said:
I had no idea that Junior teams played in 50,000 capacity venues; or had larger crowds to counter the financial offset.

I've no idea what your on about,, I've made no reference to Junior clubs but have referenced Hearts charging a tenner, Spartans are charging £12 for the visit of Kilmarnock, Raith Rovers was a tenner against Cowdenbeath. IMHO those prices are about right, charging more in the early stages of the Betfred cup is simply fleecing the fans.

You don't have a clue because you have no idea of the costs of running Hampden with a smaller crowd as compared to a Premiership team that gets a higher gate. Thankfully prices (which are, I believe, agreed between both teams) are not set with the input of junior fans who still probably pay the gate in half pennies.

2 minutes ago, Menzel said:

You don't have a clue because you have no idea of the costs of running Hampden with a smaller crowd as compared to a Premiership team that gets a higher gate. Thankfully prices (which are, I believe, agreed between both teams) are not set with the input of junior fans who still probably pay the gate in half pennies.

I think your condescending attitude shows you are the one with no clue

What an utter bellend you are.

That is all.

5 minutes ago, Menzel said:

Come on, you know I support the pyramid but that chummy P&B patter is fuckin' dire.

Paid 15 bangers for raith v hearts today. Felt a bit excessive. New Bayview is probably the shiteiest league venue I've visited in either Scotland or down south. A dreich, soulless testament to the bland. Whoever signed that off needs leathered. 

1 hour ago, Gimme said:
1 hour ago, Menzel said:
I guess the stewards, catering staff and any police needed are working for free then.

Everyone has those costs to pay yet others manage to keep costs down for fans.

Who charges much less than £14.00 in the top 4 divisions?

55 minutes ago, Menzel said:

Why don't Queens Park play at lesser Hampden then. Surely that would reduce costs and create a better atmosphere for the 500 or so fans that attend. Or is it a bit of snobbery on their part. 

It’s amazing the snobbery that exists in Scottish football. Regular senior attendees decry those who follow junior football and vice versa. I go to watch junior football on occasion as I played at the grade and have family who currently play. I also used to go to senior games with my late grandfather and appreciate both for what they offer. Senior football and junior football have many problems specific to their respective grades and these problems collectively highlight why as a footballing nation we struggle, self interest is always first and that’s why we continue to ask the same questions and never come up with answers.

ETA the cost of some games is bonkers. That game of the OP being a classic example. The junior equivalent is asking for under 12’s to pay to get in. In my opinion.

On 21 July 2018 at 17:20, Burnie_man said:

I'm not saying £14 is right, but the fact is there are plenty of people willing to pay it, 508 to be exact.

I believe a game or two in last seasons Junior Cup Semi's barely got much more than that.

Be interesting to see how the 508 is broken down between season tickets, full paying adults and various concessions. 200 @ £14 = £2800 plus say 200 half price = £1400, maybe a 100 season tickets? Add in programmes and catering. 5K for a bunch of amateurs.

Total staff say about 6 people.

£4500 profit?

1 minute ago, Tutankhamen said:

Be interesting to see how the 508 is broken down between season tickets, full paying adults and various concessions. 200 @ £14 = £2800 plus say 200 half price = £1400, maybe a 100 season tickets? Add in programmes and catering. 5K for a bunch of amateurs.

Total staff say about 6 people.

£4500 profit?

No.

Try again.

On your figures that wouldn't be the profit - I'll let you try and work out why.

Just now, Tutankhamen said:

Your point is caller?

You appear to know very little about finance. H2h

Archived