EOSFL match attendances 2018/19

5 hours ago, wingnut said:

Can I ask who is the best supported team at the moment in the East of Scotland leagues ?

Bonnyrigg have the highest league average on 373, ahead of Linlithgow on 334.

Linlithgow have the highest across all competitions on 336, ahead of Bonnyrigg on 324.

EDIT: Basically all Bonnyrigg's 3 cup-ties v Inverkeithing, Shortlees and Eyemouth were in 200s; whereas Linlithgow's 4 were in 200s v Heriot-Watt, in 300s v Penicuik and Dunbar, and in 500s v Fort William.

There's been 20 crowds of 300+ at EOSL clubs thusfar:

* 6 at Linlithgow (4 in league) ... highest 520
* 4 at Bonnyrigg (all in league) ... highest 528
* 4 at Bo'ness (2 in league) ... highest 350
* 2 at Musselburgh (1 in league) ... highest 414
* 1 at Camelon (in league) ... 415
* 1 at Tranent (in league) ... 400
* 1 at Dalkeith (in league) ... 318
* 1 at Penicuik (in league) ... 300

Dalkeith's have varied from 318 v Tranent on an international weekend to only 40 v Eyemouth on a midweek!

Edited by HibeeJibee

Bonnyrigg have the highest league average on 373, ahead of Linlithgow on 334.

Linlithgow have the highest across all competitions - league and cup - on 336, ahead of Bonnyrigg on 324.
These are not exact figures though. For example the recent HW vs Lithgae game the figure taken was the paid in figure, whilst the actual figure of people watching the game, remembering this was the figure Burnieclub himself wanted to begin with, would have been higher.

The above example is not going to change the average significantly however, it serves as a reminder that the figures have a bit of interpretation to them. Those grounds who record paid ins, may not include kids etc.

Absolutely, in a similar way to some SPFL clubs issuing "tickets sold" but others "people present", but they're as accurate as you're going to get.
I agree. What will be interesting will be for individual clubs to take the numbers gathered in the same way over the course of a season, and in time, a few seasons to see where there are any improvements.

29 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

These are not exact figures though. For example the recent HW vs Lithgae game the figure taken was the paid in figure, whilst the actual figure of people watching the game, remembering this was the figure Burnieclub himself wanted to begin with, would have been higher.

The above example is not going to change the average significantly however, it serves as a reminder that the figures have a bit of interpretation to them. Those grounds who record paid ins, may not include kids etc.

I have continually asked for headcount to include all spectators on spectators side of barriers. I believe as season has progressed that is how vast majority are counted. Totally agree figures have to have a bit of interpretation to them as I believe some clubs probably weren't counting kids, helpers & free entry earlier in season (maybe some still don't?)  To be honest for a first attempt I am gobsmacked with what we have got and the positive feedback as I wasn't sure if it would get much attention from clubs and supporters, or just fall away. I am now more confident that figures will get more accurate as season goes on and especially for seasons going forward. 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] eyemouth v the biggest supported team.diddies
It's quality not quantity that's important !!

Having said that there were loads of BU regulars missing on Saturday. Several didn't go because they expected the BU's to win easily and score loads of goals. That is a strange reason for not going to a game IMO.

Having said that there were loads of BU regulars missing on Saturday. Several didn't go because they expected the BU's to win easily and score loads of goals. That is a strange reason for not going to a game IMO.
Think most didn't realise there WAS a pie hut

I know quite a few Rose supporters doing similar.

Ok it's a transition season but doing other things can become a habit.