EOSFL match attendances 2018/19

Preston v Linlithgow... excellent crowd, headcount at start of 2nd half was about 250. Did another around 70mins that was about 280. Includes kids, officials and those utilising garden walls.

There was a steady trickle of people from the social club after HT but probably not 30's worth, perhaps my former count was under or the latter over. Strong away turnout.

Preston v Linlithgow... excellent crowd, headcount at start of 2nd half was about 250. Did another around 70mins that was about 280. Includes kids, officials and those utilising garden walls.

There was a steady trickle of people from the social club after HT but probably not 30's worth, perhaps my former count was under or the latter over. Strong away turnout.

That’s probably the smallest amount of people we have taken to a Scottish cup tie.

Will be interesting to see how crowds fare on 'derby day' this Saturday: with 2 Border, 3 East Lothian, 3 Midlothian, 2 Edinburgh, 1 West Lothian, 4 Fife, 1 Falkirk and 1 university derbies plus Camelon v Linlithgow.

Scotland play on Friday & Monday, and at league level the only games are Irn-Bru cup-ties at Falkirk and East Fife.

Hopefully clubs will be giving their games an extra publicity push to catch some SPFL fans and neutrals at a loose end.

Coldstream v Tweedmouth
Peebles v Hawick

Musselburgh v Dunbar
Tranent v Haddington
Ormiston v Preston

Arniston v Penicuik
Newtongrange v Easthouses
Bonnyrigg v Dalkeith

LTHV v Tynecastle
Craigroyston v Edinburgh Utd

Bo'ness v Dunipace
Broxburn v Blackburn
Camelon v Linlithgow

Oakley v Hill of Beath
Crossgates v Sauchie
Dundonald v Burntisland
Inverkeithing v St Andrews

Stirling Uni EOS v Heriot-Watt Uni

Eyemouth will keep a clean sheet, too, so everyone's a winner eh HtB ;).

They’re due one HJ  :thumsup2

went over today to see two of my grandsons having their first training session at 10am, 4 and 5 year old,  the  U15s were on at 11am, U16s at 2pm and it got me thinking, I’ve kinda thought it could be time for Eyemouth to perhaps call it a day at this level, especially now with the influx of juniors, but the place was hoaching, it was lovely to see. This season is going to be a mare for some, and undoubtedly Eyemouth being one of them, but to deny these kids a chance at playing at this level would be criminal 

On 18/08/2018 at 16:37, hacker98 said:

Reckon around 300 at linlithgow.

On 25/08/2018 at 18:57, hacker98 said:

Reckon around 270 Linlithgow v Stirling University.

I’m not sure if this is poor counting or silly exaggerations but I’ve been to most of the Rose games so far and I’d suggest just over 200 at best this season but averaging a bit lower.

Edited by Fat Controller

2 hours ago, Fat Controller said:

I’m not sure if this is poor counting or silly exaggerations but I’ve been to most of the Rose games so far and I’d suggest just over 200 at best this season but averaging a bit lower.

I'd never done headcounts before this thread encouraged me to, and what I discovered is that my guesses were well below the real number. I was guessing 200 and then finding out it was nearer 300. If you've not done it I suggest giving it a try, best time is midway through the second half.

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

I'd never done headcounts before this thread encouraged me to, and what I discovered is that my guesses were well below the real number. I was guessing 200 and then finding out it was nearer 300. If you've not done it I suggest giving it a try, best time is midway through the second half.

I trust my judgement and headcounting it’s something I’ve done for over thirty years on behalf of Rob Roy and more recently Linlithgow since I moved there and can’t  get to Rob Roy as often. For avoidance of doubt it’s telling from the young boys video highlights and guys on the Linlithgow thread voicing concerns over the falling attendances. Could just be a case of people still being on holiday and attendances picking up over the forthcoming weeks but the hacker boys guesstimates seemed exaggerated. I get backing your team but kind of spoils the point of this thread a little bit.

Edited by Fat Controller

I trust my judgement and headcounting it’s something I’ve done for over thirty years on behalf of Rob Roy and more recently Linlithgow since I moved there and can’t  get to Rob Roy as often. For avoidance of doubt it’s telling from the young boys video highlights and guys on the Linlithgow thread voicing concerns over the falling attendances. Could just be a case of people still being on holiday and attendances picking up over the forthcoming weeks but the hacker boys guesstimates seemed exaggerated. I get backing your team but kind of spoils the point of this thread a little bit.
So you have done headcounts then.

FWIW I've been going to Prestonfield for 18 years, and I haven't noticed a fall in attendances lately.

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

Surely during the second half after people have came in for free is an invalid number? It’s inflating the actual figure as all and sundry wander in for a look. Before half time with those who have paid entry and are there for the match would be the valid figure imo.

2 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Surely during the second half after people have came in for free is an invalid number? It’s inflating the actual figure as all and sundry wander in for a look. Before half time with those who have paid entry and are there for the match would be the valid figure imo.

I agree. I do Saints midway through the first half. Ideally I wouldn't include committees but until we have turnstiles I'll go with a total headcount.