EOSFL match attendances 2018/19

3 hours ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Weekend attendance / headcount 29/12/18. Only missing one from Saturday if anyone can help. 

Huge thanks to all clubs & supporters for all your help. 

Happy new year when it comes. 

IMG_20181230_215740.JPG

I did a count late in the first half of the St Andrews game and made it 65.

If it works properly here's a chart of all weekend home attendances for East of Scotland League clubs the first half of the season (i.e. 23 weekends from July 28th to December 29th inclusive). As there is no crowd for Coldstream v Peebles yet I used the Streamers existing league average of 98.

December 22nd & 29th are included together: as the former was the Christmas break, but a number of games from the latter got brought forward a week. There were no games on December 15th as every match was postponed or abandoned.

5c2cd02301b84_EOSAttendancesJulDec2018.png.5727ccea1338de555d179541ad1a8740.png

Overall weekend average is 1,966.

For the most part the crowds have varied between 1,500 and 2,500: naturally there are week-to-week differences down to who's at home/who away, how many games were to be played and how many (if any) were postponed, and the tournaments they were in (e.g. the Scottish Cup has extra attraction versus run-of-the-mill league games etc.). There were 2 weekends which went significantly high and landed either side of 3,000 - the international weekends in September and November when league derby cards were due; there was 1 weekend which went significantly low - the international weekend in October when South Challenge Cup R3 was due but bad weather saw only 11 games go ahead.

It is interesting how crowds in the first 6 weeks of the season hardly varied at all - natural oscillation only set in by mid-September. I suppose every fan starts a season with similar optimism!

If it works properly here's a chart of all weekend home attendances for East of Scotland League clubs the first half of the season (i.e. 23 weekends from July 28th to December 29th inclusive). As there is no crowd for Coldstream v Peebles yet I used the Streamers existing league average of 98.

December 22nd & 29th are included together: as the former was the Christmas break, but a number of games from the latter got brought forward a week. There were no games on December 15th as every match was postponed or abandoned.

5c2cd02301b84_EOSAttendancesJulDec2018.png.5727ccea1338de555d179541ad1a8740.png

Overall weekend average is 1,966.

For the most part the crowds have varied between 1,500 and 2,500: naturally there are week-to-week differences down to who's at home/who away, how many games were to be played and how many (if any) were postponed, and the tournaments they were in (e.g. the Scottish Cup has extra attraction versus run-of-the-mill league games etc.). There were 2 weekends which went significantly high and landed either side of 3,000 - the international weekends in September and November when league derby cards were due; there was 1 weekend which went significantly low - the international weekend in October when South Challenge Cup R3 was due but bad weather saw only 11 games go ahead.

It is interesting how crowds in the first 6 weeks of the season hardly varied at all - natural oscillation only set in by mid-September. I suppose every fan starts a season with similar optimism!
Given the best crowds are when other fixtures are limited.

Maybe playing more Friday evening fixtures would help crowds.

Personally I enjoy when Linlithgow/Rangers play different days as I can do both. How many others have similar dilemmas.

14 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Given the best crowds are when other fixtures are limited.

Maybe playing more Friday evening fixtures would help crowds.

Personally I enjoy when Linlithgow/Rangers play different days as I can do both. How many others have similar dilemmas.

IMO Linlithgow Rose would get smaller crowds on Friday nights. I think they're a Saturday afternoon club, with much of the crowd being guys coming along the High St from the pubs. But it's worth experimenting to find out.

IMO Linlithgow Rose would get smaller crowds on Friday nights. I think they're a Saturday afternoon club, with much of the crowd being guys coming along the High St from the pubs. But it's worth experimenting to find out.
Can't disagree with that either.

But following the trends even the better supported clubs are dropping numbers.

Yes there are exceptions - Saturday probably being such as no SPL.

16 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Can't disagree with that either.

But following the trends even the better supported clubs are dropping numbers.

Yes there are exceptions - Saturday probably being such as no SPL.

It would be interesting to see by what / how many clubs have dropped numbers in crowds. I know we at Blackburn are on average down around 15/20 but with our 3 biggest games still to come I reckon our average will increase on last season. Linlithgow average league & cups to date 328, is this a fair bit lower than last season?  I look at crowds coming in every week and imo most are very healthy for level and in many cases population of areas. It will probably take a few seasons from now, once everything settles to get a better picture of averages. 

It would be interesting to see by what / how many clubs have dropped numbers in crowds. I know we at Blackburn are on average down around 15/20 but with our 3 biggest games still to come I reckon our average will increase on last season. Linlithgow average league & cups to date 328, is this a fair bit lower than last season?  I look at crowds coming in every week and imo most are very healthy for level and in many cases population of areas. It will probably take a few seasons from now, once everything settles to get a better picture of averages. 
I watch the crowd numbers from Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg and ourselves.

The last couple of fixtures seem lower in comparison to to the averages - Xmas?

We were only 256 at our last home game - well below our average.

This Saturday should give another indicator as we got 500 against Broxburn.

Camelon has always been a more popular fixture so would expect the 500 as the benchmark

12 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

I watch the crowd numbers from Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg and ourselves.

The last couple of fixtures seem lower in comparison to to the averages - Xmas?

We were only 256 at our last home game - well below our average.

This Saturday should give another indicator as we got 500 against Broxburn.

Camelon has always been a more popular fixture so would expect the 500 as the benchmark

Could be a bumper weekend for a few clubs with quite a few local derbies. 

If it's a top 16 league next season then I would think crowds would go up. May also find a quite a few clubs in the lower leagues ( tier 7) might also increase att due to winning more games and possibly challenging promotion. Then again until we know for certain what next season will look like it's hard to call. 

IMG_20181223_214056.JPG

Enormous crowd (by their usual standards) for the Tweed derby today... it must have been about 150 which would be two-and-a-half times Tweedmouth's average and four to five times their run-of-the-mill crowds. Certainly my rough count at kickoff was 130-135 before allowing for stragglers etc.

We also got a storming match with 6 goals, a dubious sending-off and Tweedmouth's first point of the season. Excellent value for £5.

34 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

152 at Blackburn v Broxburn.

Biggest crowd of your season by some way surpassing 116 v Bonnyrigg (in South Challenge Cup) and 108 v Camelon.

7 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Reckon there was over 600 at Linlithgow today.

If so that would exceed Bonnyrigg v Dalkeith in September (528) for biggest crowd of the season thusfar.

Edited by HibeeJibee