EOSFL match attendances 2018/19

24 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I would have done a headcount at Blackburn yesterday, but 1) I know you can get an official count for that and 2) there were a good two dozen who I don't think came out of the lounge at all.

Yes the lounge was busy before, during and after game :) I didn't count inside so I got 242 

51 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Promotion to the LL could be a poisoned chalice. With only one fixture attracting a 3 figure crowd.

Next year it's quite clear any crowds will be the EoS Premier.

To be honest I’m not keen on the idea of Broxburn winning promotion.  I know that will be the ambition of the players and management but the EOS Premier next year will be a cracking division with very little travel

On 25/03/2019 at 21:13, Blowin In the Wind said:

To be honest I’m not keen on the idea of Broxburn winning promotion.  I know that will be the ambition of the players and management but the EOS Premier next year will be a cracking division with very little travel

Are Broxburn just waiting on the SFA board to rubber stamp their licence application, allowing them to be promoted if they win the championship play-off? I thought the fundraising indicated there was more work to be done at the ground.

If Linlithgow took Selkirk's vacancy and Edusport move to the Motherwell area, then there's fewer outliers than recent years - Dalbeattie, Gretna, Vale of Leithen and Gala.

Edited by Ginaro

On 22/03/2019 at 00:38, HibeeJibee said:

LL average excluding Selkirk is 131... EOSL average is 121 or broken down by conferences 112 (Conference A), 140 (Conference B) and 111 (Conference C)... Bonnyrigg, Bo'ness and Tranent make the difference in B.

If you coalesced the 16 clubs who would currently form the new EOS Premier Division - not allowing for any possible relegation, promotion, or filling of vacancy in LL - their collective average would be 175, with the remaining 23 clubs on around 84.

That's from Friday night

The last set of averages was for the Lowland League and the current Top 6  for each conference in the EoS was from the March 5th, which would breakdown as:

382    Kelty Hearts
349    Linlithgow Rose
334    Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
268    Bo'ness United
223    Musselburgh Athletic
220    Tranent Juniors
198    Penicuik Athletic
188    East Stirlingshire
186    East Kilbride
180    Spartans

169    Broxburn Athletic
161    Dundonald Bluebell
158    Camelon Juniors
148    Newtongrange Star
142    Hill of Beath Hawthorn
139    Gala Fairydean Rovers
130    Dunbar United
122    Dalbeattie Star
118    Sauchie Juniors
110    Cumbernauld Colts
108    Whitehill Welfare

106    Crossgates Primrose
   89    Gretna
   82    Edinburgh University
   82    Vale of Leithen

81    St Andrews United
   80    BSC Glasgow
   79    Jeanfield Swifts
   77    Preston Athletic
   77    Stirling University
   73    Civil Service Strollers

55    Leith Athletic
   54    Edusport

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Teams currently challenging for promotion to Lowland league are Bonnyrigg avge 334, Penicuik/Hill of Beath/Musselburgh avges 198/142/223 and Broxburn/Linlithgow averages 169/343, Are you seriously suggesting that if any of these clubs get promoted then every game bar one their attendances would fall below 100.

2) Last tally for lowland league teams saw seven getting averages of over 100, are you saying the some of the teams above would be failing to match home gates of say Gala and Dalbeattie Star?

3) No idea how you get an average of 110 for Lowland league games.

4) 3 games attendance  tbc on Saturdays Lowland league games, so quite clear you are being selective in your data. East Kilbride attendance not given , averaging over 180 before Saturday though.

Christ if a wee diddy team like Kelty can improve their attendances from EOS to Lowland league then none of the teams challenging for promotion should either if they are promoted.

No I'm saying there will be far better crowds in the premier than LL next season. As the teams involved are all above the LL average.

Other than yourselves and whoever's promoted there are very few teams attracting decent crowds.

The average I saw was 110 in LL in the attendance page. It will possibly rise with whoever's promoted. But not to the same extent as the premier league

28 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Keltys average will fall slightly after Wednesday night though, the two midweek league games they had earlier in the season were by far their two lowest crowds of the season.

Probably still be ahead of the wee rose though. :)

Wednesday's game will be one of the lowest of the season, but then the last home game will be against East Kilbride. That should pretty much cancel each other out leaving them around where they are.

EDIT: I saw they have not had a home game since March 5th. That means the lowest average attendance Kelty could end up with is 328. That's with absolutely no one going to their last two games.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Half of LL clubs average over 100.

That could well rise if (say) Albion Rovers came down - perhaps with EK going up - and (say) Bonnyrigg and Linlithgow came up, courtesy away supports.

e.g. if 120 more people had attended Gretna's 11 home games to date they too would be averaging over 100. Alternatively if 60 more had attended 2 such games, or 40 more attended 3 such, etc.

I'd expect Kelty v EK to get a decent crowd and they'll finish around 375-400... even figures like 250 v Cumbernauld on Wednesday and 400 v EK would do that.

Edited by HibeeJibee

I don't think there can be much question that any given club would get bigger crowds in the EOS Premier next season than in the LL. But that will change as clubs move up. The reason I want promoted this season is to avoid a potential bunfight at the end of every season with the WRSJFA champions and whoever else the authorities in their infinite wisdom think should be competing for promotion. If the LL open up 2 promotion spaces and a real pyramid forms below, within 4-5 years the LL might well have a higher average attendance than SPFL3.

8 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Half of LL clubs average over 100.

That could well rise if (say) Albion Rovers came down - perhaps with EK going up - and (say) Bonnyrigg and Linlithgow came up, courtesy away supports.

e.g. if 120 more people had attended Gretna's 11 home games to date they too would be averaging over 100. Alternatively if 60 more had attended 2 such games, or 40 more attended 3 such, etc.

I'd expect Kelty v EK to get a decent crowd and they'll finish around 375-400... even figures like 250 v Cumbernauld on Wednesday and 400 v EK would do that.

Excluding Scottish - our  games attracting better crowds are  against ex Juniors - our best crowd was Broxburn never a fixture in the past that attracted one of our bigger crowds.

My assumption on that basis - playing ex juniors in the EoS Premier would be more attractive to our punters than playing Spartans and such likes.  Our move to EoS still isn't universally popular to all our punters - I think playing against some of the old faces would help our transition more than unknown opponents in the LL

The recent testimonial for Chris Donnelly which saw the Rose Legends v Bo'ness Legends saw a very healthy crowd (around 300 ) I'm sure Bo'ness would back up that this was a healthier crowd than some of their home fixtures.  

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Are Broxburn just waiting on the SFA board to rubber stamp their licence application, allowing them to be promoted if they win the championship play-off? I thought the fundraising indicated there was more work to be done at the ground.

If Linlithgow took Selkirk's vacancy and Edusport move to the Motherwell area, then there's fewer outliers in terms than recent years - Dalbeattie, Gretna, Vale of Leithen and Gala.

Not heard anything either way on the licence.  Don’t think anything has been announced.

56 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Excluding Scottish - our  games attracting better crowds are  against ex Juniors - our best crowd was Broxburn never a fixture in the past that attracted one of our bigger crowds.

My assumption on that basis - playing ex juniors in the EoS Premier would be more attractive to our punters than playing Spartans and such likes.  Our move to EoS still isn't universally popular to all our punters - I think playing against some of the old faces would help our transition more than unknown opponents in the LL

The recent testimonial for Chris Donnelly which saw the Rose Legends v Bo'ness Legends saw a very healthy crowd (around 300 ) I'm sure Bo'ness would back up that this was a healthier crowd than some of their home fixtures.  

I agree with this (and I have no particular affinity with the Juniors).  Broxburn’s best crowd was against Linlithgow who brought around 250/300 that day.  I don’t see that kind of travelling support happening in the LL, but I would expect Linlithgow, Bo’ness, Tranent and possibly Musselburgh and Penicuik all bringing upwards of 75+ travelling support (left out Bonnyrigg as they are favourites in my book to go up).