EOSFL match attendances 2018/19

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Not all that bad and the weeks before Christmas are normally a flat spell anyway.

Despite there being 3 games off + another 2 as yet unreported = 5 the aggregate crowd was little different to several other weeks, and far in excess of Oct 13th which was an international week but 7 games were off.

It was HoB's 2nd largest crowd of the season, only 10 off their best; Newtongrange's 2nd largest, only 6 off their best which was a cup-tie; Sauchie's best of the season; Jeanfield's 2nd largest, and best in the league. Coldstream, Linlithgow and Preston were notably below-par. Possibly there would have been hopes for bigger bump at the Conference A head-to-heads than were seen tbf.

Does this mean you have crowds for CSS-Gretna and Spartans-Newtongrange EDIT: ah, 122?

CSS v Gretna 46

Edited by Burnieclub78

10 hours ago, HTG said:

I'm no sure what point you're  (repeatedly) trying to make. A lot of teams survive on meagre rations. This is different from how it's always been ... how?

Everyone - you included - knew the transition season would throw up some lower numbers within the traditionally big hitters of the old junior set up. 

We got over 500 against Broxburn. That's not happened in a long time so the appetite clearly remains. The vast majority have stayed the course and see this season for what it is. 

The EoS league and its core members from last season may not have big support numbers but they're all run well from everything I've seen. And they've been very welcoming to the newbies. 

My point has consistently been we have far to many teams.   Organised football isn't just 22 players and 3 officials, it's also Scotlands most popular spectator support.  Games with spectators generate income and atmosphere, for me the latter adds to the enjoyment. 

I have never understood teams who set-up and hire a park and off they go - these are teams founded upon individuals on Ego Trips

Yes I appreciate this is a transition season  -  time which should be well spent winning over the hearts and minds of the doubters.  A few seasons ago Broxburn (500) was the norm rather than the exception.

Wee Rose gates were falling dramatically whilst they were still in the Juniors.

I'd not expect a season ticket holder at the Sevco to understand the joy that a small crowd can bring when you are so used to being a glory hunter.

6 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

My point has consistently been we have far to many teams.   Organised football isn't just 22 players and 3 officials, it's also Scotlands most popular spectator support.  Games with spectators generate income and atmosphere, for me the latter adds to the enjoyment. 

I have never understood teams who set-up and hire a park and off they go - these are teams founded upon individuals on Ego Trips

Yes I appreciate this is a transition season  -  time which should be well spent winning over the hearts and minds of the doubters.  A few seasons ago Broxburn (500) was the norm rather than the exception.

I get your point but I've yet to see or recall anyone who agrees with it. 

Where do you want to draw the line?  There needs to be an average crowd number where you decide to euthanise clubs.  Who decides whether that's 40, 400 or 4000? 

I know you are not a glory hunter as others suggest. But when you start trying to tell other teams they shouldn't exist, it comes across as arrogant. I don't know what crowds Whitburn have had over the last few seasons but they're nowhere near what they got 15 years ago. Time for the scrapheap?

17 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

You know loads of football fans say exactly this about clubs at our level - that we're part of this "too many teams" and we should all be supporting Hearts or Livi or Falkirk?

Most Scottish football fans would think it's bizarre to talk about the importance of an atmosphere while following a team with a support in the low hundreds at matches where nobody sings or chants. To the majority, we're the diddies. 

There are as many football teams as there are young men wanting to play of a Saturday.

How many should be pro, semi-pro, amateur or playing nationwide, regionally, locally etc. is a different matter... but a pyramid allows some clubs to grow, others to contract, and each to find their level.

Merging clubs would not deliver bigger crowds. Fewer people would watch "Fife Utd" than used to watch Dunfermline, Raith and East Fife if you merged them. Especially as nowadays fans have the understanding, communication tools and means to set up phoenix clubs lower down.

45 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

There are as many football teams as there are young men wanting to play of a Saturday.

How many should be pro, semi-pro, amateur or playing nationwide, regionally, locally etc. is a different matter... but a pyramid allows some clubs to grow, others to contract, and each to find their level.

Merging clubs would not deliver bigger crowds. Fewer people would watch "Fife Utd" than used to watch Dunfermline, Raith and East Fife if you merged them. Especially as nowadays fans have the understanding, communication tools and means to set up phoenix clubs lower down.

Yes I can relate to this and quite possibly the best post I have read which neatly reflects my view   - it perfectly highlights the reality and flaws of Scottish Football.

The 1st part the reality.   The inbetween is probably the part that annoys me most.   The last part the flaw

The middle is the failing of the SFA to lead/implement workable change  and for me we have chaos as clubs and associations fight to implement a workable pyramid 

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 14:47, Burnieclub78 said:

Still looking for att / headcount for following if anyone can help? 

8/12/18

Tynecastle v Dunipace 

What was LTHV v Dalkeith?

Bonnyrigg v Sauchie tweeted as 296. Not bad for the Saturday before Christmas.

On 13/12/2018 at 15:39, Auld Heid said:

Yes I can relate to this and quite possibly the best post I have read which neatly reflects my view   - it perfectly highlights the reality and flaws of Scottish Football.

The 1st part the reality.   The inbetween is probably the part that annoys me most.   The last part the flaw

The middle is the failing of the SFA to lead/implement workable change  and for me we have chaos as clubs and associations fight to implement a workable pyramid 

Far too sensible.

Too many officials in the game protecting their own ‘wee’ domain.