EOSFL match attendances 2018/19

Can easily believe there were 500 at Linlithgow today, it looked similar to the Fort William attendance to me. Very pleasing and reassuring that the crowds are still there for the bigger league games, hopefully that means they'll be there next season too.

These attendances are just a rough guide, some folk will actually walk around and do a head count. But there will be differences in whether one person counts players not in the squad sat in the stand others will ignore them. Personally I would basically count everyone, whether paid or not doesn't make any difference. I'm sure regular people are doing these counts so if I was recording the figures then I would take my usual source probably get a fairer indication there. 

18 hours ago, Raydale Grannie said:

These attendances are just a rough guide, some folk will actually walk around and do a head count. But there will be differences in whether one person counts players not in the squad sat in the stand others will ignore them. Personally I would basically count everyone, whether paid or not doesn't make any difference. I'm sure regular people are doing these counts so if I was recording the figures then I would take my usual source probably get a fairer indication there. 

When I do a head count it's everyone outside the rail.

When it gets to upwards of 300-odd I find I can't be bothered counting (sorry Burnieclub78, I appreciate what you're doing here).

2 hours ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Most counts will be done by tickets sold at the gate + season tickets + those in hospitality I’d think

Think most are headcounts. I've asked that everyone on spectators side of barriers are counted. This should include committee, helpers, kids and free entry etc. I believe including all gives a fair and true attendance of spectators watching the games. 

2 hours ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Looking for following att / headcount if anyone can help?

17/11/18

Sauchie v Dundonald 

10/11/18

Hawick RA v Oakley

Sauchie v Edinburgh Uni 

20/10/18

Burntisland v Tynecastle 

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks 

I was at the 2nd half of the Hawick game.... only £2 donation to get in ! & would say 30 & that's being kind.

Weekend att / headcount 17/11/18

Huge thanks to all clubs and supporters for your continued help. EOS clubs have smashed through 40,000, still looking for following if anyone can help? 

17/11/18

Sauchie Juniors v Dundonald 

10/11/18

Sauchie Juniors v Edinburgh Uni

20/10/18

Burntisland v Tynecastle 

IMG_20181120_161353.JPG

Heartening the derby card on the international weekend delivered again. Second highest weekend crowd of season... highest being the September international weekend... plus Hawick, HoB, Penicuik, Haddington, Dalkeith and Linlithgow posted their biggest league attendances of the season - a few others not far off.

Updated league averages (omitting Burntisland-Tynecastle and Sauchie-Dundonald):

386     Bonnyrigg
334     Linlithgow

280     Bo'ness
264     Musselburgh
227     Tranent
204     Camelon

179     Penicuik
160     Dundonald
132     Broxburn
131     Newtongrange
126     Haddington
124     Arniston
121     Hill of Beath
120     Dalkeith
114     Dunbar
101     Coldstream
101     Sauchie

99     Crossgates
   95     Inverkeithing
   93     Easthouses
   93     Dunipace
   89     Oakley
   88     Burntisland
   85     Peebles
   85     St Andrews
   73     Blackburn
   70     Jeanfield
   67     LTHV
   67     Preston
   63     Heriot-Watt Uni
   63     Tynecastle
   62     Tweedmouth
   59     Ormiston
   54     Eyemouth
   51     Stirling Uni EOS
   48     Edinburgh Utd
   43     Craigroyston
   43     Hawick
   40     Leith

12 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Heartening the derby card on the international weekend delivered again. Second highest weekend crowd of season... highest being the September international weekend... plus Hawick, HoB, Penicuik, Haddington, Dalkeith and Linlithgow posted their biggest league attendances of the season - a few others not far off.

Updated league averages (omitting Burntisland-Tynecastle and Sauchie-Dundonald):

386     Bonnyrigg
334     Linlithgow

280     Bo'ness
264     Musselburgh
227     Tranent
204     Camelon

179     Penicuik
160     Dundonald
132     Broxburn
131     Newtongrange
126     Haddington
124     Arniston
121     Hill of Beath
120     Dalkeith
114     Dunbar
101     Coldstream
101     Sauchie

99     Crossgates
   95     Inverkeithing
   93     Easthouses
   93     Dunipace
   89     Oakley
   88     Burntisland
   85     Peebles
   85     St Andrews
   73     Blackburn
   70     Jeanfield
   67     LTHV
   67     Preston
   63     Heriot-Watt Uni
   63     Tynecastle
   62     Tweedmouth
   59     Ormiston
   54     Eyemouth
   51     Stirling Uni EOS
   48     Edinburgh Utd
   43     Craigroyston
   43     Hawick
   40     Leith

Not sure how you arrived at the Bonnyrigg figure as my calculation has them at 324 - they have not had any significant home crowds since they have been away. 

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

League averages,  Bonnyrigg have played four league games at home.  Dundonald att 240, Dalkeith att 528 , Tynecastle att 426 and Dunipace att347

The last table posted shows a crowd total of 2265 from 7 matches and a average of 324.  This is what I quoted  - since that table Bonnyrigg played away and Linlithgow added a crowd of 520

Edited by Auld Heid

Aye it would be if you weren't charging about less than half of what those clubs are. No comparison really.
Point taken on averages.

Cost shouldn't matter - people support the team not the cost.

We played East Stirling at a higher cost and took a large support. Probably one of their biggest home gates this season.

Pity we didn't take our team also that day.

19 hours ago, gogsy said:

Aye it would be if you weren't charging about less than half of what those clubs are. No comparison really.

They're also playing more attractive opponents, with bigger travelling supports. So yes, there is a comparison.

Edited by GordonS

5 hours ago, gogsy said:

That was for all games, league and cup. Hibeejibeee  averages are for league games only.

That's correct, and after all how it's done elsewhere... Otherwise you're at the mercy of who happens to get home or away cup-ties, who progresses in cups, even what cups they're in (you can get a glamour tie against Scottish League opponents in the Scottish Cup in a way you can't in the Alex Jack Cup).

Obviously it's still not entirely accurate as some clubs happen to have played a prime opponent at home already and others haven't, or some happen to have already met several clubs with minimal travelling supports... but it gives you a more level picture short of waiting to the end of the season. Stark example would be Spartans whose all-competition average is 355, in contrast to 205 in the league only, due to a single League Cup tie v Kilmarnock which drew 1,045.

Still a clear sign of the phenomenon I mentioned before where Edinburgh, a city of half-a-million people, sees its 6 EOSL placed in the bottom 12.

Edinburgh Uni and Civil Service are also 2nd & 3rd bottom in LL, although Spartans are 3rd highest in that league, while Edinburgh City are 2nd bottom in SPFL.

Even allowing for Hearts and Hibs, the capital remains somewhere lower-league football struggles to cut through crowd-wise.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Looking for following att / headcounts if anyone can help? 

24/11/18

Arniston Rangers v Newtongrange

Eyemouth Utd v Bo'ness Utd

Dunipace v Burntisland 

Lothian Th HV v Dalkeith Th

Edinburgh Utd v Preston Ath 

Stirling Uni v Jeanfield Swifts

17/11/18

Sauchie Juniors v Dundonald 

10/11/18

Sauchie Juniors v Edinburgh Uni

20/10/18

Burntisland v Tynecastle 

Any help would be great thanks 

Weekend att / headcount 24/11/18. Also list of games I am looking for att if anyone can help? 

Edinburgh Utd v Preston Ath headcount given as 47

10/11/18

Sauchie v Edinburgh Uni 50

17/11/18

Sauchie v Dundonald 130

20/10/18

Burntisland v Tynecastle 40 

IMG_20181127_070654.JPG

IMG_20181127_135604.JPG

Edited by Burnieclub78