EOSFL match attendances 2018/19

Chart has 178.

EDIT: Interesting at this early stage to compare league-only figures with SPFL. Kelty and Bonnyrigg have higher averages than Stranraer, Cowdenbeath, Edinburgh City and Albion Rovers... Tranent higher than Cowden, City and Albion... Bo'ness and Musselburgh higher than City and Albion... Camelon and Linlithgow higher than Albion.

However in some cases that's as they've only played a couple of home league games and one was a derby. If you widen it out to include cup-ties (which non-league clubs play more of especially "early on" in the season), then Spartans have a higher average than Stranraer, Cowdenbeath, Edinburgh City and Albion Rovers... Linlithgow and Bonnyrigg higher than Cowden, City and Albion... Kelty and Musselburgh higher than City or Albion... Bo'ness higher than Albion.

Some good company to be keeping, for now.
But you're paying £13 to see Stirling Albion & £6 to see Linlithgow maybe that's why they averaging bigger attendences.

I was at Hawick last night and made the crowd even sparser. I was speaking to the Hawick Club President, who was on the gate, and she told me that only 17 had paid for entry, and most of them concessions. Not including those in the directors box I only counted 23, and that was multiple counts throughout the game.

So take your pick really.

Bit of a comedown after the 39672 at Athletic Bilbao v Villarreal last Wednesday.

Dunbar v Coldstream tonight for another new ground.

Someone on twitter said there were 33 present all-up of which 21 were from Musselburgh.

Not sure what's happened to Hawick in recent years. I don't think their normal Saturday crowd has been anything to shout about for a long time, but they used to get good crowds on weeknights, presumably bulked out with people from the amateur clubs or rugby. Early this decade they did some Friday night games and the crowds were in the hundreds - I went to a couple, and can recall one v Eyemouth where you could hardly get a seat in the stand (certainly the lefthand or town side). Similar v Gala in EQC few years ago.

Going by the collected figures last night wasn't unusual - they've had 35, 40 and 41 in the league on weekends; 80, 110 (v Bonnyrigg in Scottish) and 15 in cups; and 44 v Blackburn in cup on a midweek.

Edited by HibeeJibee