EOSFL match attendances 2018/19

1 minute ago, Gimme said:
1 hour ago, Burnieclub78 said:
Yes I only log home ties involving EOSFL, SOSFL & Lowland clubs. Would be interesting to see attendance though?  

It wasn't that big, looked to be as many Bonnyrigg fans there as home supporters, maybe 200 or so in total.

I didn’t do a count but I’d go along with that. Normally Scottish cup ties crowds are recorded

52 minutes ago, RobM said:

That's probably about right, counted everybody other than the benches and gate-men.

That's the best way for headcount, probably quite a few clubs att below what headcounts would be. To me headcounts show accurate figure of spectators watching game and just as important seeing advertising. 

27 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Do people feel the crowds are dwindling?

Our crowds feel substantially lower than last season and dropping. Albeit we seemed to pick up around 250 extra for the Scottish against FW.

From experience, If the marketing of the club is done properly with upcoming fixtures on Social Media, around the town and community engagement with kids, families etc then clubs should see a rise.

Without having a go looking at Social Media only then you guys don’t advertise matches leading up to the game during the week and on the morning of match days. That’s looking at Lithgys Twitter and Facebook Iv no idea how your community engagement performs.

A massive club everyone respects and admires but whether it’s due to time constraints or lack of marketing skills you guys are selling yourselfs short imo.

Edited by kefc

25 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Our crowds feel substantially lower than last season and dropping. Albeit we seemed to pick up around 250 extra for the Scottish against FW.

Ours are up slightly I think partly due to linlithgow win because people came back last week

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Hardly a surprise  - you were forced into the EOS and your performances are hardly setting the world alight (four wins - thrashing a new team, narrow win against Uni reserves, beating the other Uni team and winning against the HL diddies). Other teams embraced the EOS move and have had better results.

14 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Hardly a surprise  - you were forced into the EOS and your performances are hardly setting the world alight (four wins - thrashing a new team, narrow win against Uni reserves, beating the other Uni team and winning against the HL diddies). Other teams embraced the EOS move and have had better results.

Yes, I'm sure several of our key players were injured by joining the EOS. It's the only possible explanation.

Don't think anyone was forced into anything.

The vote to move albeit not unanimous was still by a clear margin. A vote which had a bigger attendance than most of the attendances highlighted.

Personally I think KEFC has a point - as with anything new you sometimes need to work on the heart and minds.

Our form isn't great but that will improve as injuries clear up. A transitional season.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Don't think anyone was forced into anything.

The vote to move albeit not unanimous was still by a clear margin. A vote which had a bigger attendance than most of the attendances highlighted.

Personally I think KEFC has a point - as with anything new you sometimes need to work on the heart and minds.

Our form isn't great but that will improve as injuries clear up. A transitional season.

Linlithgow, Bo'ness and Bonnyrigg averaging around or above 300 each. I don't know what their average was previous seasons but to me these are very healthy. Tranent is another who's average is well over 200. Marketing games and engaging with the community is as stated the way to improving att, I would add making match day experience the best you can for all supporters.