EOSFL match attendances 2018/19

I wasn't far off that. Got to agree our support was a bit down today. 

I’m going to try and be scrupulously honest. Last season I liked to try and get around the junior game. This season I’ve attended games mainly at the senior level because, as I stay local to Blackburn, I’m keen to support my local team. So.....today I was a Blackburn supporter as I have been, if not exclusively, then probably mostly. Unfortunately, if we were to take committee, parents and youth coaches out of the equation then I think I might very well have been one of very few Blackburn ‘supporters’ to have paid through the turnstiles. There seems to me to be no club more positively engaged within their community and with all that the SFA ask and none that really and truly want to advance their club within the game more than Blackburn - but sadly they appear to be doing it without the backing of the people within their town.

7 hours ago, 12 Angry Men said:
14 hours ago, Burnieclub78 said:
I wasn't far off that. Got to agree our support was a bit down today. 

I’m going to try and be scrupulously honest. Last season I liked to try and get around the junior game. This season I’ve attended games mainly at the senior level because, as I stay local to Blackburn, I’m keen to support my local team. So.....today I was a Blackburn supporter as I have been, if not exclusively, then probably mostly. Unfortunately, if we were to take committee, parents and youth coaches out of the equation then I think I might very well have been one of very few Blackburn ‘supporters’ to have paid through the turnstiles. There seems to me to be no club more positively engaged within their community and with all that the SFA ask and none that really and truly want to advance their club within the game more than Blackburn - but sadly they appear to be doing it without the backing of the people within their town.

Thank you for your support really appreciated.  Totally agree regarding yesterday's home support, to me it was possibly as low as any over past few years. I am not sure why as it certainly was on paper a cracking cup tie. Possibly our current run we are on, but that will change.  I'm sure they will be back again when we start winning again hopefully our  next league match. Our att / headcounts this season (still early days) are much as last season. Our season ticket sales are up, could still be better but a work in progress. We are a small village with just over 5k population competing against many with populations double, treble sometimes more. Yes agree we would love to see more backing from our local community but I believe that's a given with all clubs. Thanks again for your support and hopefully by the time our next home game comes along I may entice you to buy a season ticket if you haven't already :thumsup2

36 minutes ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Thank you for your support really appreciated.  Totally agree regarding yesterday's home support, to me it was possibly as low as any over past few years. I am not sure why as it certainly was on paper a cracking cup tie. Possibly our current run we are on, but that will change.  I'm sure they will be back again when we start winning again hopefully our  next league match. Our att / headcounts this season (still early days) are much as last season. Our season ticket sales are up, could still be better but a work in progress. We are a small village with just over 5k population competing against many with populations double, treble sometimes more. Yes agree we would love to see more backing from our local community but I believe that's a given with all clubs. Thanks again for your support and hopefully by the time our next home game comes along I may entice you to buy a season ticket if you haven't already :thumsup2

Broxburn face a similar challenge even though they are going well.  They have a great community club with around 600+ kids and still fail to attract more than 150 on occasions.  Don’t know what the answer is for the hard working committee.  It’s a very good product and relatively cheap to get in. I would urge people to get along and see the games at all the clubs as many will be surprised at the standard

Noticeable across LL + EOSL the lowest crowds are for mainly in the capital. Hibs/Hearts and sometimes Edinburgh City are home each week, but social theorists could well study why the big city gets the low crowds. Students, transient workers, foreigners, middle-class, lack of defined community?

EDIT: Indeed in LL only Edusport has lower crowds than Civil Service and Edinburgh Uni. Meanwhile in EOS only Burntisland, Hawick, Ormiston and Tweedmouth have lower crowds than some of LTHV, Edinburgh Utd, Craigroyston, Heriot-Watt Uni, Leith and Tynecastle (Hawick alone mixes it with last 4). Spartans only buck the trend.

Some good stats yesterday - 260 at Crossgates, 165 at Dunbar, 118 at Camelon (all 'homesters').

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Arguably corroborated by neutral who tweeted 35 at kickoff:

1 hour ago, Burnieclub78 said:

I was given 175 from Facebook? Wasn't sure why the sudden huge jump. 40 would be more in line with previous counts 

Judge for yourself: here's a shot of the main stand midway through the first half 7J1A1728.JPG.487ab52ecc018664195e013a84f73e5a.JPG

Edit: well it's really a shot of Ian Flynn's erse but you get the idea :lol:

Edited by The Mantis