EOSFL match attendances 2018/19

11 hours ago, GordonS said:

A little over 6.5 fans per goal.

Proof and perhaps consolation, however, that there is always someone more unfortunate...

Mallaig beat Portree 35-0 in the Skye & Lochalsh League (the visitors fielded only 9 players of whom most were schoolboys). That could conceivably have seen more goals than supporters!

Proof and perhaps consolation, however, that there is always someone more unfortunate...

Mallaig beat Portree 35-0 in the Skye & Lochalsh League (the visitors fielded only 9 players of whom most were schoolboys). That could conceivably have seen more goals than supporters!
Yeah, I saw that score. With 9 boys they did well to keep it to 35! Mallaig must have been gutted not to go full Bon Accord.

Just out of curiosity how have the Ex Juniors attendances been so far any change with the move to EoSFL, still early in the season obviously just interested to see if a new league attracts any interest in the towns (believe Kelty got some) or if any have seen a negative from fans who were against the move. Probably have to wait until first round of games to see I guess.

Only what I reckon I'm seeing/have seen in the past but I don't think it's really had  marked effect on crowds at Musselburgh and will maybe even reduce them with the big guns not coming round as often.

Still happier with where we are now though.

Totally aside from any question of uplift etc. (and certainly a number of clubs reported increases ST sales) - gains or losses due to this season's arrangement likely varies over the individual clubs anyway.

If you're a small club that's gone into Conference B and are going to get Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg, Tranent etc. visiting you should get a boost from that alone. Some counties also have most of their clubs together meaning many derbies e.g. Conference A has Arniston, Easthouses, Newtongrange and Penicuik (with others not much further away e.g. Musselburgh) and Conference C has Blackburn, Broxburn, Camelon and Linlithgow.

Some stand outs for me so far have been 400 for Tranent v Bonnyrigg... 319 at Musselburgh v Dunipace... 183 at Preston v Musselburgh... 160 at Crossgates v Linlithgow... 150 at Oakley v Bo'ness... plus Inverkeithing's crowds for their 'historic' openers (200 v Hill of Beath; 225 v Linlithgow)... which are excellent attendances.

Unsurprisingly there are also some which look below-par, though several were midweek.

There is one derby most notably missing which is Bo'ness v Linlithgow, although they're the idle clubs in their respective conferences at New Year (the other is Hill of Beath) so could still play.

Dalkeith v Dunipace I'd have said around 90 - but that was in the second half and there was 3 folk next to me who'd come in after half time.

8 hours ago, Marr1 said:

Thanks for doing this @Burnieclub78 but surely it would be easier to make a excel spreadsheet? 

Or even better a Google Spreadsheet file.

Yes it probably is easier but it's not as much fun.  Write in att - rub it out - write in club att - tick off clubs I've put in overall spreadsheet - rub out ticks - write calculations - rub out calculations. That wee pencil and paper were once a tree, I can't just chuck it away and change because it's easier. That's like people who change their football teams because it's easier to watch a winning team. Loyalty is the least I can give that tree :rolleyes:

On 8/29/2018 at 07:04, Burnieclub78 said:

Yes it probably is easier but it's not as much fun.  Write in att - rub it out - write in club att - tick off clubs I've put in overall spreadsheet - rub out ticks - write calculations - rub out calculations. That wee pencil and paper were once a tree, I can't just chuck it away and change because it's easier. That's like people who change their football teams because it's easier to watch a winning team. Loyalty is the least I can give that tree :rolleyes:

Fair play then