Who is going to win?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Falkirk
    • ICT
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/18 at 10:08

13 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Watkins shot, MacDonald parried and Vincent slotted him.  Then the final whistle went and a super fun happy time was had by all.  Apart from the Falkirk fans of course who sat in their seats fizzing that us smiling, happy Invernesians weren't celebrating hard enough.

Thanks for that, I'd forgotten that day but I remember now, smashing day out it was to.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Thanks for that, I'd forgotten that day but I remember now, smashing day out it was to.

I'd go book a doctor's appointment if you're running around forgetting cup final wins. All the seasons after that, I could understand forgetting those, but not a cup win. 

Unless it was just a piss poor attempt at a wind up, in which case 5/10.

Guest Back Post Misses

We will need to show significant improvement from these BetFred cup games to get anything. I think Tuesday night will be a guide to where we actually are.

We will need to show significant improvement from these BetFred cup games to get anything. I think Tuesday night will be a guide to where we actually are.

I’d suspect Hartley will play close as damned to his first X1 (at this present time) for this one.

Will be a tester.

2 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

I'd go book a doctor's appointment if you're running around forgetting cup final wins. All the seasons after that, I could understand forgetting those, but not a cup win. 

Unless it was just a piss poor attempt at a wind up, in which case 5/10.

The cup win was one of many many successes we've had in our very short time in Scottish Football so it's hard to recall them all.

As a Falkirk fan with a very long tenure since 1876  I'm sure you'll agree that one of your outstanding memories must be of your stunning Scottish Cup Win in 1913.

12 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The cup win was one of many many successes we've had in our very short time in Scottish Football so it's hard to recall them all.

As a Falkirk fan with a very long tenure since 1876  I'm sure you'll agree that one of your outstanding memories must be of your stunning Scottish Cup Win in 1913.

You've won the Scottish Cup once and the Championship Twice within a short period of time because you were relegated in short order. Not seeing all these glorious successes you are on about. 

Pro tip, if you are going to try and troll, read to the end of the Wikipedia article, we won the Scottish Cup for the second time in '57.

Getting better, room for improvement. 7/10.

1 minute ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Bring back Brockville, the "fenced" off away section and especially the Budvar Tent - Those are my fave memories of Falkirk. And my fave chant - "I would rather have a monster than a wheel".

I miss Brockville as an ideal of what a stadium should have been. Would I take it back? Nope. Football has moved on. 

Beer tents are still a good idea though. There's a fair few monsters up that way, you referring to any particular one? I remember an Eilidh from that way that could have eaten a coal barge all on her own. Nice lass, lovely personality. 

Hopefully we play a flat 4-4-2, as 3-5-2, the 4-4-2 diamond and 4,3,3 have all looked  pretty useless in the LC. Would like to see us line up like this

Fasan

McGhee Muirhead Dallison Robson

Petravicius Sammut Owen-Evans Greenwood

Lewis Mackin

Subs: Mitchell, Harrison, Brough, Paton, Froxylias, Haber, Turner 

2-0 Falkirk, Mackin and Lewis

Crowd 4,665

4 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Hopefully we play a flat 4-4-2, as 3-5-2, the 4-4-2 diamond and 4,3,3 have all looked  pretty useless in the LC. Would like to see us line up like this

Fasan

Petravicius Sammut Owen-Evans Greenwood

Lewis Mackin

Subs: Mitchell, Harrison, Brough, Paton, Froxylias, Haber, Turner 

2-0 Falkirk, Mackin and Lewis

Crowd 4,665

More chance of shagging Eilidh

8 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

More chance of shagging Eilidh

Dya want her number? She's had a couple of kids from what I hear, but she still like a feeding. 

Be interesting to see how Austin plays. He always had potential but shown absolutely none of it under Hartley.

I liked Austin, he had a shit time last season with Falkirk but loads of players did. I would definitely have kept him. He was all over the place sometimes but defenders couldn't anticipate what he was about to do next.

This is going to be a tough game for us I think and we'll need to play a lot better than we did during pre-season to get anything.

I'd go with;

Fasan

Petra TOE Sammut Greenwood

Lewis Haber

Subs: Mitchell, Harrison, Kidd, Sammut, Brough, Froxylias, Mackin

Attendance: 4365

1 minute ago, EdiBairn said:

This is going to be a tough game for us I think and we'll need to play a lot better than we did during pre-season to get anything.

I'd go with;

Fasan

Petra TOE Sammut Greenwood

Lewis Haber

Subs: Mitchell, Harrison, Kidd, Sammut, Brough, Froxylias, Mackin

On the basis on not dropping a player that is playing well, I'd have Mackin up with either Lewis or Haber. 

Just now, DeeBairn said:

On the basis on not dropping a player that is playing well, I'd have Mackin up with either Lewis or Haber. 

That was my view after the game yesterday but I think Haber will be our best striker this season so we need to get him up to speed ASAP.

4 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

That was my view after the game yesterday but I think Haber will be our best striker this season so we need to get him up to speed ASAP.

Get a bounce game sorted for him, and start him on the bench. If we are nearly done recruitment, then we need more games to get Froxylias, Haber and McKee fit. We will also need Harris, O'Hara and Sheps fit Inca se everything goes south. 

Archived